Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company values work ethic, initiative, and responsibility. If you prove your value as a worker, in general, your boss will be willing to give you additional responsibilities - this is how you move up. The benefits here, such as Health, Vision, and Dental, are elective but much better than the alternative (ACA marketplace). In my experience I've never been asked to do more than the 40-hour workweek as a salaried employee, although voluntarily doing so reflects well on your work ethic.

Cons

The benefits have been cut to some degree recently, following the company's acquisition by a private equity firm. I also have a suspicion the company might be downsizing its non-salaried workforce. I wouldn't say the work I do is personally fulfilling, but it *is* a job.

Advice to Management

Don't cut vacation hours anymore - in fact, you might find that adding more days of leave helps us be "wickedly efficient" by reducing employee burnout. It makes me feel awful when I come into work burnt out, because I want to perform better.

Other Employee Reviews for SRA International

Not Employee or Client Friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Wellness Incentives and pretty decent healthcare insurance. But still not enough to make up for how horrible the company has become.

Cons

All of the benefits keep getting cut: 401K, holidays, vacation, compensation, and parking. Telecommuters do not get all of the equipment they need. Clients are basically given the bait and switch once a proposal is won. Management is focusing so much on profit and GC that they don't see how unhappy the employees and clients are.

Advice to Management

Cheap and ineffective does not make a good combination for the future of the company. Take the hint that we have not won 80% of the work we are bidding.

A good company to work for, until they decided that they needed to be acquired.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Project team is extremely competent and professional (acquired from smaller company). Flexible schedules and liberal teleworking policy is very convenient.

Cons

Ever changing benefit structure to minimize overhead is a royal pain. IT needs to figure out how to provide workstations that developers can use and not put so many restrictions on needed functionality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Morale has been sinking due to all the benefit cuts recently.