There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

SRA was a good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SRA purchased the company where I worked prior to 2002. They did a great job of integrating us into the company after the purchase. I appreciated their values of honesty and excellent customer service. SRA had great benefits, training opportunities, and pay. I worked at the client's site and thoroughly enjoyed it. My managers kept me informed about what was happening at SRA and let me work fairly independently.

Cons

Prior to the economic downturn, SRA worked hard to keep good employees when a contract ended. This was no longer the case in 2013.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good people, but management needs to clean dead wood to bring in fresh opportunities

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

There are many dedicated, hardworking, and nice people at SRA who want to help their team and customers get good work done. Often management recognizes high performers and makes an effort to reward them. Even though benefits have been cut over the past few years, benefits are decent compared to similar companies. The company has a good approach to supporting employee work-life balance.

Cons

There is a lot of dead wood in upper and middle management at SRA. Many of the good managers and senior technical people left when the business was squeezed after recent acquisitions. A lot of the ones who stayed behind have not kept up their skills, are out of touch, and are not marketable. Many of these people are filling slots that could be opened to promote more junior high performers. Because of this, there are many projects and areas of the work that are not doing as well as could be.

Advice to Management

Management should be objectively evaluated for what they do or don't contribute. People in those positions who don't connect with employees, customers, and change need to be replaced. There is a missed opportunity to bring in fresh ideas, energy, and new work by keeping dead wood in cushy positions. Some of these long timers would be better in non-management positions, and many need to go.

2. Very good groop of individuals

Former Employee - Help Desk Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Help Desk Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to to use as a jumping platform. The current CEO was an aerospace engineer out of California and he probably knows his stuff., so hopefully less bureaucracy that strangles most DC-based companies I'm not sure about advancement, however I would consider working for them again if they offered me a perfect job.

Cons

There is no demand for employees to excel or renew their IT certifications.

Advice to Management

Demand more IT certifications from your IT people. and provide better educational resources.