There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

SRA was a good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SRA purchased the company where I worked prior to 2002. They did a great job of integrating us into the company after the purchase. I appreciated their values of honesty and excellent customer service. SRA had great benefits, training opportunities, and pay. I worked at the client's site and thoroughly enjoyed it. My managers kept me informed about what was happening at SRA and let me work fairly independently.

Cons

Prior to the economic downturn, SRA worked hard to keep good employees when a contract ended. This was no longer the case in 2013.

Other Employee Reviews for SRA International

Job Titles and Experience Mean NOTHING to SRA Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees in the field (not at corporate) - excluding management - are hard-working, professionals and great to work with.

Cons

- Micro-managing project managers! Warning: You won't be treated like a professional here! These managers have no interest in discussing work conflicts with their employees! - Self-serving project leads with no backbones. - No regard for the individual employee's work history and previous responsibilities; all they seem to care about is giving you the lowest salary possible. - The "Honesty" part of their motto apparently does not apply to employees.

Advice to Management

Rather than avoiding a conflict of your own creation - such as giving a new employee "Senior" status (which even by the company's own definition he does NOT qualify for) and then having the person who's been on the job for almost 4 years train and mentor that person with no extra compensation - take responsibility for the conflict and find a way to resolve it equitably and professionally.

Not a place to call home...

Current Contractor - Help Desk Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Contractor - Help Desk Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at SRA International as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

SRA has a good work/life balance They offer lots of training for free or will reimburse you for certifications and course you take They will hire you even if you don't have much experience.

Cons

Our benefits have decreased every year since I began working with SRA, Upper management will stiff you out of a raise just to keep within their budgets There are no set disciplinary protocols so they can write you up or fire you whenever they feel like it Upper management rather hire new employees for cheap than pay their seasoned employees what they deserve

Advice to Management

Stop cutting costs at your employees expense