SRA needs to communicate with employees

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

My four experience has shown that for those personnel working on a government site the relationship with the customer becomes as strong as the people assigned to the project. SRA does very little to communicate with those on a government site. However, due to a very comfortable relationship with the customer and virtually no interference from SRA, a pleasant working environment has been created. This has quite a down side as well but the atmosphere in the government site is very friendly and the only reason to stay with SRA. Not sure there are many other reasons to stick around.

Cons

Communication is very poor. Emails go unanswered and questions regarding how salaries are determined are ignored. These important issues seem to be ignored by upper management with the apparent intent that the "disgruntled" employee will just go away. There is also an appearance that if you do not work in the corporate offices you will not be selected for promotion or recognized at all. There must be an advocate in the corporate site for those of us onsite so the right people know we are here and that does not seem to exist. There is no effort at all to find qualified personnel to back fill on an onsite contract so the current personnel may be promoted and the contract is maintained. There is absolutely no desire to expand this type of work.

Employees need to be at least be acknowledged.

Other Reviews for SRA International

Nice place to work 2003-2006

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International

Pros

Well organized when I worked there and the benefits are good.

Cons

I was not being compensated the common market value for my position based upon my credentials.

If you want to retain dedicated honest reliable employees, make sure to carefully watch the market in order to keep up with compensation trends.

SRA is at a fork in the road

Current Employee - Technical Lead
    Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

SRA has a track record of caring about it's people. There are systems in place to support employees across a variety of personal and professional circumstances.

SRA performs a lot of interesting work with opportunities to learn and develop technical skills

SRA treats it customers with respect and treats it's business partners fairly

Cons

SRA is not managing it's own growth and organizational change very effectively. There seems to be number of disconnects between executive leadership and middle management layers. There is a lot of infighting between business units and between longtime employees and the new leadership - hence the loss of a lot of really talented people.

Senior leadership needs to study current literature in organization change management and put some of these ideas in practice. The current approach might have been in vogue in the 1960's but is not appropriate for a 21st century firm that aspires to be one of the best in the business.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!