There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

SRA needs to communicate with employees

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

My four experience has shown that for those personnel working on a government site the relationship with the customer becomes as strong as the people assigned to the project. SRA does very little to communicate with those on a government site. However, due to a very comfortable relationship with the customer and virtually no interference from SRA, a pleasant working environment has been created. This has quite a down side as well but the atmosphere in the government site is very friendly and the only reason to stay with SRA. Not sure there are many other reasons to stick around.

Cons

Communication is very poor. Emails go unanswered and questions regarding how salaries are determined are ignored. These important issues seem to be ignored by upper management with the apparent intent that the "disgruntled" employee will just go away. There is also an appearance that if you do not work in the corporate offices you will not be selected for promotion or recognized at all. There must be an advocate in the corporate site for those of us onsite so the right people know we are here and that does not seem to exist. There is no effort at all to find qualified personnel to back fill on an onsite contract so the current personnel may be promoted and the contract is maintained. There is absolutely no desire to expand this type of work.

Advice to Management

Employees need to be at least be acknowledged.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice place to work 2003-2006

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International

Pros

Well organized when I worked there and the benefits are good.

Cons

I was not being compensated the common market value for my position based upon my credentials.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain dedicated honest reliable employees, make sure to carefully watch the market in order to keep up with compensation trends.

Aggressive mid-sided company with plenty of room for growth and improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

Flexible work schedules and work-life balance.

Cons

Working onsite makes you feel disconnected with the company.

Advice to Management

Provide more benefits, salary, opportunities to network with other SRA staff, pay for transportation and attendance to conferences.