SRC
www.srcinc.com Syracuse, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

This is an outstanding place to work!

ProsEmployee oriented (not just from professional side); They recognize the value of the family.

Total corporate integrity and commitment to their stated mission and tagline of “Redefining Possible.” AT&T thought it was such a good idea they went with “Rethink Impossible.”

AT&T thinks about it; SRC redefines it, does it, and passes the products on to their customers.

Government and customers, fellow industry and academic partners benefit for such integrity and honesty. I know, I have had a few other employers that were far from it.

Do a great job, and they will leave you alone and give you more opportunities to do so.

Sour grapes on Glassdoor are largely due to people who did not live up to corporate standards, and caused problems. A few bad apples...often drop to the ground.

Corporate involvement in community (several offices across the country); unprecedented philanthropic contributions; Charities, scholarships.

Not-for- profit. This is a big one. They do make profit, but there are strict limitations on how they spend their profits. Large IR&D program I know of (customer benefits from cutting-edge technology);

Customer centric: Have taken occasional hits in the past from competition for the benefit and well being of the customer. Not-for-Profit = No stockholders. No stockholders mean no people have self-serving motives at the top, with one goal in mind: make themselves rich, which can come at the expense of those that got you there.

Excellent retirement program: You contribute X, they match it with 2X. That's right, you put in $5, they drop in $10K. $5K + $10K = $15K. This grows fast. You will enjoy your later years. I wish I would have started years ago.

People who feel the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and leave, soon find out that the reason the grass on the other side is so green, is that there are cows over there and there’s a lot of piles to step in. The wish they never left. Getting back won’t be easy. SRC’s bar is very high, and they remember you contributions, or lack thereof.

In summary, the best in their business!

ConsSee advice to Management below.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the Corporate Headquarters in Syracuse, NY, continue and increase the attention paid to detached office locations. This may be corporate America's one common deficiency.

Pay people for what they do for the company; Education is key, but it's what they do for the company and customer that needs increased compensation.

Take a stronger stance when attached by the competition. If you take a punh, you are within your rights to return a hardier one.

What little politics have crept their way in, rid yourself of them.

Commend people more when they do a good job. Be better than the rest of th world when you do this. It's the key to life, in general.

Be more aggressive escorting bad apples out the door. Few must go for reasons relating to their qualifications. Boot the trouble makers with poor motives. These people exist everywhere in life.

A great first job, but not much for a career

I have been working at SRC

Pros: Interesting people, interesting work, great benefits Cons: Never hit a long-term development No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Waisted Years Here

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SRC

Pros: They are making positive improvements. Cons: Managers are short of imagination and lacking in veracity. SRC is a mishmash of divisions, service areas, and offices. Several of the… Advice to Senior Management: Take an honest look at yourself. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SRC.

Worked for SRC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SRC CEO Paul G. Tremont. All reviews posted anonymously by SRC employees.