SRI International

www.sri.com

Stop living of the laurels of previous generations

ITS (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsThere are some really, really nice people here. A large number of people have been here for many decades. They are not jaded like the rest of silicon valley.

ConsThis company needs to move into the 21st century and stop resting on the laurels of the past. Just because you are a non-profit doesn't mean that you don't need make money. Treat this place like a business and not a retirement home.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some new blood especially someone that knows how to run a business. And when you do, listen and act upon their out of the box ideas. And run this place like it is one company! Stop letting people split off into their own little fiefdoms. Centralize some of the support and IT functions. Give the CIO authority over all of IT instead of this de-centralized place where people go off and do their own thing. (I can't imagine how much extra money that this costs the company). It's amazing how management condones this lack of cooperation.

A very brief working encounter

Chemical Technician (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

I worked at SRI International as an intern for less than a year

Pros: they were very Nice People Cons: it was very much Temporary Advice to Senior Management: I have no real comment No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting Projects

I have been working at SRI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of really neat projects at SRI to work on,… Cons: Not a lot of ability to move between projects. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SRI International.

Worked for SRI International? Contribute to the Community!