SRI International
www.sri.com Menlo Park, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work

(Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

ProsThis Institute is the most under rated places to work in Silicon Valley. It's everything you want in a job community. The researchers here are nice, talented, and ethical. Not a lot of weirdness or out-of-control egos.

There are a few quirky SRI artifacts that wind up being interesting at the very least.

I believe with the right attitude, you can affect change at SRI. It's just a little slow in terms of decision making.

The campus has incredible potential (70 acres in the heart of Menlo Park).

The cafeteria is pretty awesome.

ConsSure. This place has issues just like any work environment. It was always little things that bothered me like the bathrooms from the 40's, and a blindness to certain things like composting, putting in bike racks for commuters, etc. And, a tolerance that maybe goes on too long for mediocrity on the operational side of the business. Ermagard, there I go complaining about facilities again.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, just not enough of you. The following roles would be helpful additions to the senior management team: an operational president, CIO, and maybe a VP of strategy. Seriously, you're understaffed. Please hire more business development people. Perhaps someone with expertise in current Internet business models would be a useful to the organization. Now is the time to leverage the huge Siri (purchased by Apple) win.

Also, please consider spending more on SRI's employment brand. You'll attract more talent.

Great innovation but slow to catch on

Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at SRI International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great research, projects, innovation Brilliant people to work with Cons: Senior management is very traditional, slow Resistance to change Budget is always… Advice to Senior Management: (corporate only) Embrace technology rather fight it - get a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A very brief working encounter

Chemical Technician (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

I worked at SRI International as an intern for less than a year

Pros: they were very Nice People Cons: it was very much Temporary Advice to Senior Management: I have no real comment No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SRI International.

Worked for SRI International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRI International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SRI International CEO Curtis R. Carlson. All reviews posted anonymously by SRI International employees.