SRI International

There are newer employer reviews for SRI International

Excellent Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Research Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at SRI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supervisors are there to guide your career path and co-workers are intelligent and highly skilled / knowledgeable. HR is very helpful and responsive. I felt fully supported by the administrative staff. It's a great corporate culture of folks who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to show it, pleasant people to work with, I've made friends with co-workers that will last long after I leave the company.

Cons

Commuting from/to SF on the Caltrain is the only con. But they provide transportation vouchers so it's a free commute!

105 Other Employee Reviews for SRI International (View Most Recent)

Small team feel, big company perks

I have been working at SRI International

Pros

I love the team I work with and feel hugely supported in my personal and professional goals. Performance reviews are seen as a time to reflect, get constructive feedback, and express preferences in the direction each person wants to take his or her work in the upcoming year. That said, I also get large-company perks like commuter checks, great benefits, etc.

Cons

Leadership of the overall company doesn't necessarily understand/value the work that each division is doing. The same "superstars" frequently steal the spotlight even when others are doing great and profitable work.

Products and Services Division: A difficult experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I worked at SRI International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You may get to work with a few really smart people.

Cons

The Products and Services (P&S) Division created a Connecticut office and is trying to transfer all the work to that location by laying off people in Princeton. They are hiring people from the CT. Smart people are leaving Princeton. The "Products and Services" stems from an R&D company but is trying to emulate a products company. Management and team has no real commercial product experience and is trying to compete in a competitive environment. They have recently failed major projects with big clients.

Work life balance sucks - management wants people to work many hours and has no regard for people's personal lives. Many employees are getting burnt out.and leaving when they get the opportunity. New employees are realizing this and regretting that they joined the company.

Advice to SRI Menlo Park: Remove top management of P&S and you will solve most of your problems with performance. Morale is extremely low in Princeton - look a the turnover rate and you will understand.

There are newer employer reviews for SRI International