There are newer employer reviews for SRP

People stay for 30+ years for a reason

Current Employee - Computer Analyst  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Computer Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SRP

Pros

Flexible work hours. Easy-going atmosphere. Great benefits. Nice people. In IT, the ability to work on some cutting-edge technologies in a non-commercial setting.

Cons

As far as IT goes, it is not an "IT shop". IT is not the priority, so bigger projects tend to be fulfilled by third-party vendors. Also, you will not be able to show anyone else what you do as most of the IT just deals with internal apps.

Communicate with your employees more about the negative happenings around SRP. The communication about positive happenings are great, but when something bad happens that we may get asked about outside of work, we have to find out about it through the newspaper like everyone else.

45 Other Employee Reviews for SRP (View Most Recent)

Overall an excellent company to be associated with.

Current Employee - Technician  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technician in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at SRP

Pros

SRP is two companies joined at the hip. There is the Power side, which is more corporate and then there is the Water side, which is part of the federal reclamation project as established by the Federal Reclamation Act of 1902. I work on the Power side. It's like working with family. Everyone working at SRP has a keen interest in how SRP is viewed outside of company. Everyone is proud of SRP's accomplishments inside and outside of the company. We are all working toward the same goal... a reliable source of energy for our customers. This is evident throughout the company... from the customer service agents to the people working in the field and everyone in between.

Cons

The pension could be better. I have witnessed a few promotions that were given to "pet employees".

Senior management should not be so quick to go to contractors. Actual SRP employees are more invested in the company and care more about the company's image. It may be tempting financially to go with contractors but, I feel, it will cost you more (with customers) in the long run.

Overall, a great company

Current Employee - Control Room Operator - Operations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Control Room Operator - Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SRP

Pros

Great Benefits, stable company, good bonuses. Municipality, so technically not a "for Profit company" so they are pretty generous with the funds to their employees.

Cons

Militaristic regime, engineering heavy, which can be a burden. Engineers run most of the company, and many are in management positions, which makes things difficult sometimes, especially if you are not an engineer.

Listen to your people when they talk to you, don't write everyone who comes to you off as a squeaking wheel.

There are newer employer reviews for SRP

Worked for SRP? Contribute to the Community!