There are newer employer reviews for SRP

Good Company, Great Benefits

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SRP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are excellent with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pension, tuition reimbursement, and flexible work schedule. In addition, the company is very large which means there is an opportunity to find a job you like.

Cons

I have a bachelors degree, but if you don't, advancement is very limited and I have seen good workers not get promoted because of it.

Realize that there are great people, who don't have a degree, that are an asset to the company.

45 Other Employee Reviews for SRP (View Most Recent)

Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at SRP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good organization. Well liked company with good co-workers. Most managers were friendly and helpful when needed. Colleagues were great, although a little too social at times.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as being bad about SRP, other than the extreme socialization that often takes place. I felt as though some people were there to chat and have fun rather than work.

Great organization but heavy politics.

Current Employee - Principal Analyst  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SRP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and benefits! Great for family oriented professionals. Lots of opportunities in a evolving IT department and throughout the company. If you reach the executive level they pay for your kids college!

Cons

Politics!!! Also there is a lot of dead weight there, people higher contractors to accomplish tasks that they were responsible for. Lots of managers that are not qualified for their role. There is a lot of bickering between mid level manager all jockeying for "bigger castles".

Mentor mid-level managers, set up 360 reviews for all managers and senior technologists.

There are newer employer reviews for SRP

Worked for SRP? Contribute to the Community!