There are newer employer reviews for SRP

I love working here

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at SRP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SRP Review is a good thing

Cons

There is nothing to report

Nothing

45 Other Employee Reviews for SRP (View Most Recent)

Principle Electrical Engineer, Lead, Network Management & Security

Former Employee - Principal Electrical Engineer, Lead, Network Management & Security  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Principal Electrical Engineer, Lead, Network Management & Security in Tempe, AZ

I worked at SRP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very god with having the latest equipment to work with. Challenging work and the opportunity to work with other departments to solve network and computer security. Had to opportunity to manage several projects.

Cons

Nothing I can think of know.

Trust the people you hire and are working with You to achieve the correct solution.

Great job. A few bad apples allowed to create major rot in the company.

I have been working at SRP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My job was the best. I enjoyed every aspect of it. The benefits are better than most. There are many good manager's who really respect their team and are there to support them. Morale has taken a nose-dive among the employees in recent years. The old SRP was an awesome company to work for. Hope to see it regain it's respect.

Cons

It only takes one bad manager to create a cancer. SRP creatively found a way to get rid of me because of an injury on the job as a result of another employee's mistake. I also found out later that it was a manager (who has been re-assigned, to the relief of the whole department) that didn't like me because I did not respect his backstabbing and childish tattle-tale management style--he always supported the whiners which caused major erosion in the department's effectiveness both in employee productivity and money lost. SRP's upper management supports the dept managers even when they are wrong. My whole life was changed because they believed a manager's word over mine, even though I had the support of everyone in my dept(and other depts as well). A word to the older employees: watch out; they have a rep for getting rid of you or transferring older workers to low paying positions before retirement which lowers the amount they pay out on your pension ultimately. Also, the union is in bed with the company and is basically useless to the members when they need them most.

Stand up for what's right instead of supporting what's wrong because you're afraid for your own job. A real leader stands up for the people who do the work and the damage done by weakness only destroys the company in the long run. Actions speak louder than lip service.

There are newer employer reviews for SRP

Worked for SRP? Contribute to the Community!