SS&C

www.ssctech.com

Good for someone starting off

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to wear jeans. It's pretty hard, but not impossible, to get fired. They keep a lot of dumb people on the staff so if you're of average intelligence you're going to be a super star. Fund services is a rapidly growing field and you'll always have a job. Good place to start off your career as you get to see everything from start to finish.

ConsDumb people and smart people get the same raises and bonuses
Raises are later and later every year. This company is owned by a private equity firm and is subject to demands by shareholders so they pay raises later and later. Typically raises used to get paid in June, but one year they didn't pay till October and it was not backdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on providing a good product and the first step towards that goal is attracting top talent. Separate the technology department from fund services. 30%-40% of my time was spent doing QA work.

The CEO says I am not your daddy, he does not care nor does the management

I have been working at SS&C

Pros: If you into politics this is the place for you Cons: extreme politics, no training, unseasonal exceptions Advice to Senior Management: It is not all about money No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good learning experience

I have been working at SS&C

Pros: Good exposure to financial products Casual atmosphere Cons: Poor communication through out the organization. No upward movement Advice to Senior Management: Start communicating with your employees and show them that there is room for growth. With… More
There are newer reviews on SS&C.

Worked for SS&C? Contribute to the Community!