SSE
www.sse.com Perth, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Okay if you want.

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee)
Cosham, England (UK)

ProsProbably the best thing about SSE is that you will most certainly have the chance to take on the challenges at work if you so wish.
The pay is not bad at all and the people there are generally nice. If you are looking for a place to tread water or if you are not really bothered about getting on too soon, then definitely work there!
You can opt into a pension, shares as well but generally speaking it is no better an offer than othr similar sized companies.

ConsToo many promises! On starting with SSE take a look at their corporate inspired website/intranet. The offer and promise of training and development seem right on! The problem is delivery.
Unfortunately there is a gap between the corporate wishful thinking and the hard day-to-day reality of having no time to develop in the way that is promoted.
You will not be given time to 'find the carreer you want' at SSE. Its just the same as any other bog standard employer expecting you to go off and spend all your own time developing yourself, putting this into the workplace and there being no substansive payoff for this after an extended time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the mould of British business and actually mean what you say on your own website! (Believe me you do not!)

Scottish and Southern Energy - How do I get a job there ?

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Inverness, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at SSE

Pros: Very enjoyble work environment. Opportunities for those who want them and work for them, regardless of qualifications or background. Potential job for life. Senior management… Cons: A bit too much red tape in areas when you just want to… Advice to Senior Management: Never forget how important the staff are to the business. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Twenty years of blood, sweat and tears

Billing Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at SSE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: My colleagues make every day enjoyable, and we all enjoy getting things done… Cons: The software we have to use is not always up to the job, and the management need to relax, and allow the experienced staff to… Advice to Senior Management: Use the loyalty and experience of your staff to your advantage, instead of encouraging them to leave (VER) and replacing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SSE.

Worked for SSE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SSE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SSE CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies. All reviews posted anonymously by SSE employees.