SSP America

www.foodtravelexperts.com
  www.foodtravelexperts.com
There are newer employer reviews for SSP America

They made a lot of promises but never followed through.

I worked at SSP America

Pros

Benefits, but they can be expensive. If you ever want to move, they have locations in a lot of places.

Cons

Corporate uses emails constantly to threaten management team. When they (very rarely) make an actually appearance, they just come in with long lists of impossible expectations. I say they are impossible because no team, no matter how hardworking, can achieve certain goals without given the proper tools to reach them.

Leave your desk in the corporate office and spend some real time in the airports you run. Talk to the staff and the managers, instead of just making demands and threats.

35 Other Employee Reviews for SSP America (View Most Recent)

WORST COMPANY EVER!

Former Employee - Line Cook in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Memphis, TN

I worked at SSP America as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% off employee meals
    Location inside Airport

Cons

No room for advancement AT ALL
    Unprofessional environment
    No employee confidentiality
    Favoritism

Upper Mgmt needs to take a look at the show "Undercover Boss". If the Big Wigs actually took time out to visit locations MORE & talk to employees, they would most definitely make some well needed changes. If they would witness first hand how these places are being ran, heads would ROLL. Mgmt needs to take SEVERAL courses on improving managerial skills, conflict resolution, oral communication as well as basic math. At my location, it has been numerous incidents of sexual harassment, which got swept under the rug. The harassers actually were sort of "rewarded". The incidents became reoccurring jokes. Heads of the payroll department need to pay MUCH closer attention to the payroll of these locations. At my location, time sheets were padded for some people, holiday pay was given to those who did not work the day/hours required to be eligible for it, mgmt clocked employees out without their knowledge to "save on labor", hours were shorted on some people's time sheets etc.This is not hearsay, proof has & can be provided. Theft of PTO hours was a HUGE fiasco that I, as well my coworkers faced. The GM knew of the theft & the assailant(s) received NO type of punishment. Those who were robbed of their labor/PTO hours were given the run-a-round about how the company was "working on a resolution". No resolution has come yet. On Sept 4, 2013, The VP of Design & Construction showed up & closed my location down. NO warning was given to any employees. NO warning was given to the employees that were on the clock that day. NO warning was given to the customers who were dining in the location that day. Separation papers were issued to the few employees who were there. As of today Sept 5, 2013, mgmt has not formally broke the news to its employees. SSP America was the WORST company I have ever worked for. That statement says a lot coming from a person who has worked for Aramark, Delaware North Companies, Darden Foods, Compass Group, Levy Restaurants, Gourmet & Ovations.

Outstanding Foodservice Company

Current Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX

I have been working at SSP America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SSP America provides a great working environment for Bartending. Easy hours, extremely good tips, built-in sales, smoke-free workplace.

Cons

Sometimes co-workers and management tend to be less than stellar. To be expected with minimum wage workers. Union in a right-to-work state tends to muddle management-employee relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for SSP America