STERIS

www.steris.com

Has good points, but can't really recommend it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has its good points. Their cafeteria is pretty good and they have a nice exercise room. Nothing like what you'd get in a real gym, of course, but it's something and it's free. I also sensed that some higher ups were trying to create a good working environment.

ConsThe morale wasn't very high and the pay was far below industry standards. I also sensed that many of the people I worked with were pretty much going through the motions, not taking a great deal of pleasure in their work. I could quickly tell that I wouldn't want to make a long-term career there.

I did wind up staying there much longer than I really wanted to though, out of loyalty to my co-workers. Shortly after I decided to move on, I was able to land a job with higher pay and a happier work environment. I also found out that several acquaintances and former co-workers had worked for STERIS before, and that they weren't thrilled with the place.

Ultimately, I'm not about to say that you shouldn't work at STERIS. Like I said, it does have some good points and some good people. Still, I'd encourage jobseekers to keep looking unless they REALLY have to get something immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job with trying to provide certain perks. I think that better pay and more workplace flexibility would help people be more content and more productive.

chaos in a nutshell. Mismanaged service group, with lots of middle management interference

Field Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at STERIS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good company to bet some experience Cons: extremely poor management, very top down management style. Very poor ideas, and horrible,… Advice to Senior Management: work from the grassroots and cut the clutter and roadblocks.....… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you can suck up this is for you if not don't waste your time.

Field Service Group (Former Employee)

I worked at STERIS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Able to set work schedules. Ability to purchase tools and supplies as… Cons: After my first manager all other managers were very poor ow their jobs. We were not given enough time to complete jobs and were punished… Advice to Senior Management: Lower your bonuses. Improve quality. Hire qualified individuals. Restore some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on STERIS.

Worked for STERIS? Contribute to the Community!