STERIS

www.steris.com

High Expectations - Poor Experience

Regulatory (Former Employee)

ProsSTERIS offers a competitive paycheck, great benefits and a convenient/safe location. Company looks great on paper. Large player in the Medical Device Industry.

ConsOverbearing and ineffective direction. Limited and poorly executed vision. Very high turnover rate. Unprofessional, often verbally abusive work environment. Low moral. Difficult to manage day to day responsibilities due to lack of consistency in management and no true standardization in procedures. Inadequate internal training/no external training offered for new hires or company cross overs. Unrealistic expectations considering lack of quality training offered. Poor work/life balance due to constant "emergencies" overshadowing time sensitive day to day responsibilities resulting from lack of planning/direction/effective management etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer adequate training and time for employees to gain confidence in independent decision making, remembering this does not typically happen in several months. Re-evaluate structure when turnover is so high and moral is so low. Provide some across the board consistency; have confidence in decisions and stick to them.

Face to face interview with district service manager went very well. Job Offer Accepted

Field Service Representative I (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at STERIS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Home office is great!, Do what you are supposed to do and they leave you alone. No micro-managing, naggy supervisors or any complaining employees to… Cons: Communication could be better from management. Advice to Senior Management: Have an open line of communication from smartphone/device to a smart help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent Experience!!

Administrator (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

I have been working at STERIS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Leadership, Open Communication, Treated Employees Very Well! Cons: slightly disorganized, average salary, very laid back Advice to Senior Management: Thanks for really having an open door policy!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on STERIS.

Worked for STERIS? Contribute to the Community!