There are newer employer reviews for STERIS

Greedy, dishonest and soul crushing.

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at STERIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you can tolerate the B.S., then you might get a company vehicle, phone, 407 etc.

Cons

Steris sees their employees as parts in a machine. After they squeeze every bit of work out of you, and you need stress leave, they will just fire you instead of honouring their employment contract with you. Be prepared to sue to get your due.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics, a proper engineering department, and actually test your equipment designs before shipping them to customers.

reviews filtered by
  1. STERIS is nice place to work

Former Employee - Offshore Technical Lead in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Offshore Technical Lead in Pune (India)

I worked at STERIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment
    No work pressure
    Cool atmosphere
    Good Salary
    No Politics

Cons

Not that much challenging projects as most them are for the internal system

Advice to Management

Management is really nice and having a good attitude to employees so I really loved working with STERIS

Has good points, but can't really recommend it

I worked at STERIS full-time

Pros

The company has its good points. Their cafeteria is pretty good and they have a nice exercise room. Nothing like what you'd get in a real gym, of course, but it's something and it's free. I also sensed that some higher ups were trying to create a good working environment.

Cons

The morale wasn't very high and the pay was far below industry standards. I also sensed that many of the people I worked with were pretty much going through the motions, not taking a great deal of pleasure in their work. I could quickly tell that I wouldn't want to make a long-term career there.

I did wind up staying there much longer than I really wanted to though, out of loyalty to my co-workers. Shortly after I decided to move on, I was able to land a job with higher pay and a happier work environment. I also found out that several acquaintances and former co-workers had worked for STERIS before, and that they weren't thrilled with the place.

Ultimately, I'm not about to say that you shouldn't work at STERIS. Like I said, it does have some good points and some good people. Still, I'd encourage jobseekers to keep looking unless they REALLY have to get something immediately.

Advice to Management

Good job with trying to provide certain perks. I think that better pay and more workplace flexibility would help people be more content and more productive.

There are newer employer reviews for STERIS