STG International
www.stginternational.com Alexandria, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't listen to angry former employees. STGi is a good place to be.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

ProsI recently left the company and stumbled across this site... I am really surprised to see some of the negative reviews! I worked with STGi in their HQ for a few years and I enjoyed the people I worked with, my time there, and had many opportunities. I received training and certification from STGi, and I was able to have part of my education paid for. Even though I left the company, I am happy with the opportunities I had at STGi. They make a point to include all levels of leadership in discussions, and they do a good job about communicating to all of their staff. Now, if you don't listen or don't read your email - that's your problem. The management and senior exec team works hard to make sure all of the staff know what's going on and what the plan is for the company.

The CEO, Michelle Lee, is a great lady. I'm not sure why I hear about vacations "every week" - that isn't true. (Is one person posting multiple negative reviews??) STGi has employees in something like 41 states, and Michelle makes site visits a few times a month. I had the pleasure to accompany her on a few of these trips and she does an amazing job. She knows all of her employees, takes time to listen to their thoughts, knows about important events in their lives, and she LOVES to recognize people. If you are a young person getting married, or if you're about to have a baby, or even a grandchild - you can expect Michelle to congratulate you in front of an entire room of people. She is outgoing, she is razor smart, and she knows where to take her company. I was always impressed with how much she knows about each contract and how involved she is. I guess people who sit at their desks and never make an effort to engage her may not know that portion, but Michelle is dynamic.

ConsI think the company is going through a growth-period, and growing pains can be tough. But this is a government contractor in DC - they're all hurting right now. STGi seems prepared to get lean and agile to face possible government budget cuts. That doesn't meant the exec team doesn't know what they're doing - it means they DO know what they're doing and they're make sure the company is in a good place. I guess that's hard for some people to understand.

Probably the biggest "con" I can think of is that I'd like to see more EdAP from the company. They do provide it, but it isn't very much. It would be nice to offer enough to cover a 3-credit class from one of the local colleges for continuing studies.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudging by these comments, you seem to be doing a good job of weeding out people who don't have much to contribute. Continue to make your team lean and agile and keep your employees in the loop with what's going on in the industry. Hopefully then, more employees will understand.

Opportunity, Challenge, Responsibility, and Accountability.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at STG International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: In spite of the size of STG International there continues to be an atmosphere of growth and opportunity. If you like rolling up your… Cons: If you don't like to work hard and be held accountable then stay away from STG. Management expects everyone to carry their weight and… Advice to Senior Management: Let you teammembers shine and hold us accountable for our roles… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company is going down!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at STG International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are no pros. The company is going down… Cons: Incompetent executives and CEO, no values or ethics, executives and CEO incapable of growing company. Executives are "always right," even if they have NO… Advice to Senior Management: Clear house at the top and bring in people that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on STG International.

Worked for STG International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STG International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STG International CEO Michelle S. Lee. All reviews posted anonymously by STG International employees.