There are newer employer reviews for STG International

great company to work with and for

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at STG International as a contractor

Pros

good benefits and salary for contractors

Cons

contract terms change alot without notice

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Would not recommend

Former Employee - Wellness/Fitness in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Wellness/Fitness in Cleveland, OH

I worked at STG International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did get them to increase the paid time off, but it still was not what I was accustomed to.

Cons

STG was taking over a contract that I worked with for 13+ years. At the start of the transition month, they were provided my salary and didn't get back in touch with me to provide an offer until a week and half before the contract was to start. They received a lot of information out of me about the previous staffing model prior to providing me a disrespectful offer - a 35% pay cut and 50% decrease in paid time off. When I turned it down, the recruiter said, " you know we are supposed to take over in 1 week?" As if it's my problem.

Don't listen to angry former employees. STGi is a good place to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at STG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I recently left the company and stumbled across this site... I am really surprised to see some of the negative reviews! I worked with STGi in their HQ for a few years and I enjoyed the people I worked with, my time there, and had many opportunities. I received training and certification from STGi, and I was able to have part of my education paid for. Even though I left the company, I am happy with the opportunities I had at STGi. They make a point to include all levels of leadership in discussions, and they do a good job about communicating to all of their staff. Now, if you don't listen or don't read your email - that's your problem. The management and senior exec team works hard to make sure all of the staff know what's going on and what the plan is for the company.

The CEO, Michelle Lee, is a great lady. I'm not sure why I hear about vacations "every week" - that isn't true. (Is one person posting multiple negative reviews??) STGi has employees in something like 41 states, and Michelle makes site visits a few times a month. I had the pleasure to accompany her on a few of these trips and she does an amazing job. She knows all of her employees, takes time to listen to their thoughts, knows about important events in their lives, and she LOVES to recognize people. If you are a young person getting married, or if you're about to have a baby, or even a grandchild - you can expect Michelle to congratulate you in front of an entire room of people. She is outgoing, she is razor smart, and she knows where to take her company. I was always impressed with how much she knows about each contract and how involved she is. I guess people who sit at their desks and never make an effort to engage her may not know that portion, but Michelle is dynamic.

Cons

I think the company is going through a growth-period, and growing pains can be tough. But this is a government contractor in DC - they're all hurting right now. STGi seems prepared to get lean and agile to face possible government budget cuts. That doesn't meant the exec team doesn't know what they're doing - it means they DO know what they're doing and they're make sure the company is in a good place. I guess that's hard for some people to understand.

Probably the biggest "con" I can think of is that I'd like to see more EdAP from the company. They do provide it, but it isn't very much. It would be nice to offer enough to cover a 3-credit class from one of the local colleges for continuing studies.

Advice to Management

Judging by these comments, you seem to be doing a good job of weeding out people who don't have much to contribute. Continue to make your team lean and agile and keep your employees in the loop with what's going on in the industry. Hopefully then, more employees will understand.