STG International

There are newer employer reviews for STG International

Would not recommend

Former Employee - Wellness/Fitness in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Wellness/Fitness in Cleveland, OH

I worked at STG International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I did get them to increase the paid time off, but it still was not what I was accustomed to.

Cons

STG was taking over a contract that I worked with for 13+ years. At the start of the transition month, they were provided my salary and didn't get back in touch with me to provide an offer until a week and half before the contract was to start. They received a lot of information out of me about the previous staffing model prior to providing me a disrespectful offer - a 35% pay cut and 50% decrease in paid time off. When I turned it down, the recruiter said, " you know we are supposed to take over in 1 week?" As if it's my problem.

34 Other Employee Reviews for STG International (View Most Recent)

Don't listen to angry former employees. STGi is a good place to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at STG International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I recently left the company and stumbled across this site... I am really surprised to see some of the negative reviews! I worked with STGi in their HQ for a few years and I enjoyed the people I worked with, my time there, and had many opportunities. I received training and certification from STGi, and I was able to have part of my education paid for. Even though I left the company, I am happy with the opportunities I had at STGi. They make a point to include all levels of leadership in discussions, and they do a good job about communicating to all of their staff. Now, if you don't listen or don't read your email - that's your problem. The management and senior exec team works hard to make sure all of the staff know what's going on and what the plan is for the company.

The CEO, Michelle Lee, is a great lady. I'm not sure why I hear about vacations "every week" - that isn't true. (Is one person posting multiple negative reviews??) STGi has employees in something like 41 states, and Michelle makes site visits a few times a month. I had the pleasure to accompany her on a few of these trips and she does an amazing job. She knows all of her employees, takes time to listen to their thoughts, knows about important events in their lives, and she LOVES to recognize people. If you are a young person getting married, or if you're about to have a baby, or even a grandchild - you can expect Michelle to congratulate you in front of an entire room of people. She is outgoing, she is razor smart, and she knows where to take her company. I was always impressed with how much she knows about each contract and how involved she is. I guess people who sit at their desks and never make an effort to engage her may not know that portion, but Michelle is dynamic.

Cons

I think the company is going through a growth-period, and growing pains can be tough. But this is a government contractor in DC - they're all hurting right now. STGi seems prepared to get lean and agile to face possible government budget cuts. That doesn't meant the exec team doesn't know what they're doing - it means they DO know what they're doing and they're make sure the company is in a good place. I guess that's hard for some people to understand.

Probably the biggest "con" I can think of is that I'd like to see more EdAP from the company. They do provide it, but it isn't very much. It would be nice to offer enough to cover a 3-credit class from one of the local colleges for continuing studies.

Judging by these comments, you seem to be doing a good job of weeding out people who don't have much to contribute. Continue to make your team lean and agile and keep your employees in the loop with what's going on in the industry. Hopefully then, more employees will understand.

Company is going down!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at STG International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros. The company is going down and the evecutives and CEO are the only ones to blame!

Cons

Incompetent executives and CEO, no values or ethics, executives and CEO incapable of growing company. Executives are "always right," even if they have NO IDEA what is going on with the contracts or company, causing bad decisions and failures. Executives take no accoutability for their actions, the entire company points the finger and plays the blame game when problems arise. Upper management ignores problem contracts and only focuses on their bonuses while the CEO vacations every week, leaving managers and assistants to handle complex problems and eventually being blamed for them because of incompetence and inaction.

Clear house at the top and bring in people that can get the job done!

There are newer employer reviews for STG International