STG International

www.stginternational.com
  www.stginternational.com
There are newer employer reviews for STG International

New opportunities every year.

Current Employee - Professional in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Professional in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at STG International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

STGi has a very professional and respectful environment. In spite of expecting everybody to carry their weight there is a sense of team work and collaboration. While deadlines exist we typically know in advance what they are and what we need to do to meet them.

Cons

It seems like all I hear about in Washington DC is about people losing their jobs. The federal government is even threatening to shut down if they can't agree on how to proceed with their own budgets. STGi is a bit of a victim of the government's lack of planning and fiscal responsibility.

Don't neglect to provide feedback and acknowledge our hard work and contributions. Even though you all are carry a load of responsibilites too we look to you for input and guidance.

34 Other Employee Reviews for STG International (View Most Recent)

dental hygienist

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Manchester, NH

I worked at STG International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay you on time and provide decent time off. They have a good company on-line portal that gives you 24 hour access to your benefit and work information.

Cons

It's difficult to talk with a live person if you have questions. You are treated like a number. They only care about "filling a position" with a live contract employee. Once you have the job there is no support or mentoring in regards to your position. When it came time for my annual review I was told do "do my own" and send it to them. When I expressed that doing my own annual review would be defeating the purpose of a review they replied, "It's an opportunity for you to make us aware of any job concerns you may have."

It's unethical how you treat people like numbers.

VERY POOR

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at STG International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about this employer was the salary and this was decreased without our consent.

Cons

I worked for STGi and will try to explain why I am not a satisified employee and why I would recommend anyone wanting to work for STGi to run FAR AWAY VERY FAST!! I worked in the same facility for 4+ years and in that time the administration at this facility changed at least 4 times. With each admin change comes policy changes in an effort to make things run smoothly and increase productivity. Things are constantly changing and confusing, and we as employees cannot keep up with the changes that occur every day. When I was first hired by STGi I had a very nice income. Approx 2 years ago, our pay was cut by around $5 per hour….that adds up to be around $10,500 per year!!!! Their response to our disagreement over the pay cut: “ IF YOU DON’T LIKE OR AGREE WITH THE PAY CUT WE AT STGi ENCOURAGE YOU TO FIND EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE.” STGi recently revised their company policy that allows them to write up any employee EVERY TIME they call out. Their tuition reimbursement is a joke, not worth the paperwork and money for a stamp to send it in. The insurance is so expensive it borders on unaffordable! I pay over $500/mo for just myself with no medical problems. When you do have to go to the doctor you end up fighting with the insurance company for months/years to get them to pay their portion! The PTO is minimal and decreasing. Everytime they hire a new employee the PTO they give to the new employee is lower than the last person they hired. There is no growth opportunities in the company. Like I mentioned above, I worked for STGi for over 4 years, and I never had the opportunity to meet Michelle Lee. I cannot comment on her personally because of this, however, in my opinion her company is a reflection of her personal values.

Listen to your employees more. You get back what you give. When you give CRAP that is the quality of work you get back.

There are newer employer reviews for STG International