Good place for performers

Current Employee - Delivery - in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Delivery - in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at STG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you perform, add value and achieve your commitments , you will have a great experience. If you miss commients, expect to be coddled or have very little ambition, this is not the place for you.

Cons

Is expanding quickly and the company is constant growth mode.

Advice to Management

Continue to raise the bar, continue to drive energy and continue to reward our top employees!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Don't waste your precious time professions all skills

Former Employee - Sales Pro in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Pro in New York, NY

I worked at STG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work may be praised but only if u brown nose as in high school

Cons

Small company not honest about limitations. Half the management goes on vacation at the same time. Company seems anxious to purchase companies but then condescending to newcomers and weak or absent when needed

Advice to Management

Respond to all employee feedback and respect all points of view

Lack of leadership within management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at STG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe the benefits and 401k package I had were really good. We have it good in that sense. I cannot complain about that. Our team building exercises were really fun. Bonuses every quarter for outstanding employees is very nice.

Cons

Departments are mismanaged and do not communicate within the company. Managers are too thick headed to admit when they are wrong and won’t take advice from anyone who isn’t sucking up to them. Also, that is the only way you will get a promotion or moved to a different position is if you suck up to the mangers. The company is too afraid to spend money on the right people and to hire more people when needed. The only people they seem to hire are people in sales and that creates ripple effects throughout the entire company because it puts more work on everyone else with their accounts.

The company has too many employees outside of their headquarters of Phoenix, AZ. For a company this size, everyone should be in Phoenix. A lot of the lack of communication is because of this. More than half of the company doesn't even know one another. They even have 3 offices in Phoenix and people from each building don’t even talk with each other, and they are right next door. A lot of egos get in the way and there is way too much gossip between some of the veterans. (People who have been there for 5+ years)

There is no training whatsoever. If you are hired, good luck. First it will probably take you 2 weeks to get you a computer because the IT dept. is so backed up and then it probably won’t work. Once you have your computer, management will expect you to know how to do everything as if you've been working there for 15 years.

Advice to Management

I wish management would learn to admit when they are wrong and take someone else’s advice once in a while. STG is a rapidly growing company but they will fail if they don’t hire enough people in the right positions to hold everything in place. Take the time to forecast when to hire new people for the expanding company and give them enough time to be properly trained. Pay people what they are worth and not what corporate America thinks they are worth. I knew a few people who worked harder than anyone I knew but were grossly underpaid by STG. Suck it up and pay more for the right people! If you pay people what they are worth you will get better work out of them.