There are newer employer reviews for STI Computer Services

Management is either horrible or clueless - or both.

I worked at STI Computer Services

Pros

Casual working environment? If you are into unprofessional, laid back work places.

Cons

Meetings. Lots and lots and lots of meetings. Meetings to make meetings. You'd think it was Xerox. Ok, that is unfair to Xerox, they MUST be more efficient.

Like process? Because there are all sorts of processes, unfortunately they are undocumented and apt to change on a whim - and many only exist in the minds of some managers.

Lots of football talk though. Year round. Hours a day. It's fun for all involved. Don't like football and actually want to do your job? Sucks to be you.

Very adept at remotely managing workers (that is sarcasm, btw). Good thing getting to know the employees isn't a priority. Because who really cares to do that?

No thanks, they already know everything.

11 Other Employee Reviews for STI Computer Services (View Most Recent)

It was good.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eagleville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA

I worked at STI Computer Services

Pros

Same pros that other people wrote about.
    There were some very loyal customers. Some even tried other software and come back to STI.
    I liked my manager.
    Most of the people were nice to work with. I don’t work there any more but I still have friends that I care about there. There were two people that left and came back to STI which tells you something. I needed to leave for other reasons but I recommend working there. In some ways it’s better than other companies I worked at.

Cons

They needed more people to work the phones.

Don’t overload the good people. A couple people left because they were good and management dumped everything on them.
    It was hard to get help from other departments sometimes.

It could be better but it's not that bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eagleville, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagleville, PA

I have been working at STI Computer Services

Pros

Casual dress. Most of the people are fun to work with and good at what they do. We’re not forced to work long hours all the time like I know other companies are and there haven’t been layoffs like other companies too. Modern technology (software) for the most part.

Cons

Benefits are bad. They are worse that most other companies. The software looks old and in some parts is very old and hard to work with. Even though the product is being modernized, it needs to go faster.
    Morale is lower than it could be. But there are some people that would be negative no matter where they worked. Those negative people find any reason to complain and that makes it much worse. If it was really that bad, why don’t they try to do something about it, accept it, or find something else they like to do like farming catfish or starting their own business. There are some people like me that go along and nod their heads in agreement with the complaints because they don’t want to be cast out of the group. The sad thing is the negative people think that constant complaining and writing on a website like this is going to change things. It just makes it worse for the rest of us. I understand the problems because I live through them too. If I keep getting told another project I’ve started is backburnered and there’s some other project that is mor eimportnat, I may just shoot myself. But a lot of companies are like that.

What you see here isn’t just a reflection of a few bad apples. But also keep in mind it’s not the average view of all employees. Try to talk with people more so that even if you can’t do anything, they will understand you are trying. And turn up the heat. It's cold in the office this time of year.

There are newer employer reviews for STI Computer Services

Worked for STI Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!