There are newer employer reviews for STIHL Incorporated

Proud to work at STIHL Inc.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the closeness that the employees enjoy with supervisors and management team. Management is approachable and has an open door policy the employees enjoy and take advantage of. I always feel as if I'm coming home when I come to work.

Cons

None that I can think of; I am very content. Well, only the fact that we do not have a Starbucks Cafe on premises to get my regular java jolt.

reviews filtered by

Strange positive management reviews

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated

Pros

Great product, strong brand, great benefits (incl. company health center), excellent president.

Cons

Strange that the last two positive management reviews were posted just after upper management found out about the negative reviews on this website....
    Purchasing and engineering jobs are brutal which is reflected in the high turnover rate among purchasing and engineering jobs. Departments work against each other rather than together. Key managers try to out-do each other rather than having the best for the company in mind. Top management has zero trust in their middle management and micro manages all decisions.

Advice to Management

Promote team work between the departments and start trusting the people you hired. Set realistic goals.

2. Best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I am thankful every day that I get to work with amazing professionals producing and distributing amazing products. I get to do work that constantly pushes me to be better every day and in the process meet truly remarkable people all around the world. I spend my day in a professional and positive work environment. The company believes in employee development and I have no shortage of opportunities to improve myself through company provided training as well as support for outside education I want to pursue. The company is privately held by the Stihl family, and those family values show up throughout the company. I have fun at my job and receive excellent pay and benefits in return. For the most part I like everyone I work with, and everyone seems to understand what the common goals are that we work towards. Can't ask for more than that.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for STIHL Incorporated