STIHL Incorporated

There are newer employer reviews for STIHL Incorporated

Buyer A

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work load, very fast paced and interesting work, easier if you have an Engineering Degree. Travel opportunities abound.

Cons

Very harsh management, high turnover and no legacy knowledge sharing with new hires. Training is selective as far as the usable transfer of info. Senior management can be unreasonable and abusive and this trickles down thru the ranks

Stop management by fear especially with relocated employees. See the value in long term employees

28 Other Employee Reviews for STIHL Incorporated (View Most Recent)

Strange positive management reviews

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated

Pros

Great product, strong brand, great benefits (incl. company health center), excellent president.

Cons

Strange that the last two positive management reviews were posted just after upper management found out about the negative reviews on this website....
    Purchasing and engineering jobs are brutal which is reflected in the high turnover rate among purchasing and engineering jobs. Departments work against each other rather than together. Key managers try to out-do each other rather than having the best for the company in mind. Top management has zero trust in their middle management and micro manages all decisions.

Promote team work between the departments and start trusting the people you hired. Set realistic goals.

Proud to work at STIHL Inc.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the closeness that the employees enjoy with supervisors and management team. Management is approachable and has an open door policy the employees enjoy and take advantage of. I always feel as if I'm coming home when I come to work.

Cons

None that I can think of; I am very content. Well, only the fact that we do not have a Starbucks Cafe on premises to get my regular java jolt.

There are newer employer reviews for STIHL Incorporated