STMicroelectronics

There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

good place to work. nice people and opportunities to work on interesting projects with leading edge technologies. Very stable company.

Cons

ST is an European company, so the focus is in Europe and not in US. working here you feel you are very distant from the company

Invest more in US presence. while we are a European company we need to keep reinforcing our presence in US where our customers and competitors operate

431 Other Employee Reviews for STMicroelectronics (View Most Recent)

Excellent benefits, but not much of a future in the US

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Longmont, CO

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros

As a European company, their benefits are outstanding compared to many others. They still offer a pension plan, offer more vacation days that most, and their 401k match is not only excellent but is also fully vested from day one.

Cons

ST has been steadily decreasing their presence in the United States starting with the closure of both of their large manufacturing facilities in Dallas and Phoenix followed by the closure of several smaller design centers. Not much prospect for future growth within the US.

good company to work for the technical level, terrible high level management starting from CEO

Former Employee - Senior Staff Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros

The technical level in ST gives you the possibility to grow from professional point of view, if you you want to.

Cons

No matter how good the device are the management will screw the business sooner or later.
    It's a company where the high level management never pays for the mistakes.

Take responsibility for the mistakes and make managers paying and not just employees.

There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics