good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

good place to work. nice people and opportunities to work on interesting projects with leading edge technologies. Very stable company.

Cons

ST is an European company, so the focus is in Europe and not in US. working here you feel you are very distant from the company

Advice to Management

Invest more in US presence. while we are a European company we need to keep reinforcing our presence in US where our customers and competitors operate

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Excellent benefits, but not much of a future in the US

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Longmont, CO

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros

As a European company, their benefits are outstanding compared to many others. They still offer a pension plan, offer more vacation days that most, and their 401k match is not only excellent but is also fully vested from day one.

Cons

ST has been steadily decreasing their presence in the United States starting with the closure of both of their large manufacturing facilities in Dallas and Phoenix followed by the closure of several smaller design centers. Not much prospect for future growth within the US.

2. Good benefits, poor vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Direct managers take in consideration their employees, work/life balance is good, payed time off is more than adequate.
    401k matching and pension plan.

Cons

Lacking formalization and internal information exchange, limited possibilities to grow, frequent reorganizations show confusion in the upper management. Following every single wish of the customer doesn't always lead to better products.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on fewer things and do those things well. It's better to be masters at something than average at everything.