STMicroelectronics

www.st.com

Life at ST

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Grenoble (France)

ProsSTMicroelectronics has a very wide range of activities (from sensors to microcontrollers and systems on chip) and if you're a hardware engineer or if you want to find out how the silicon industry works, it's a great place to be.

ConsAs a software engineer I have mixed feelings. Apparently, some managers still don't understand that software is as critical as hardware. On the other hand you can also find some very successful software teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the past, the strategy of the company was not very well understood by market analysts and customers. We'll see if the strategic decisions taken recently (and announced by press communicates) go in the right direction. For the time being, I wouldn't recommend the company to a friend because of the gloomy economic situation.

Used to be a great place to work. Not that great since they decided to shrink their digital business.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits; not much stress at work; some teams are… Cons: No shares being given to employees; they are in cost saving… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what people responsibilities are. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you are ambitious then it's not the place for you, but it gives a cool life

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good work life balance: you will get a plenty of leaves and will… Cons: Won't feel the passion about the work in the surroundings. Will get… Advice to Senior Management: Just bring some new and motivated people in the middle… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!