STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Life at ST

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Grenoble (France)

ProsSTMicroelectronics has a very wide range of activities (from sensors to microcontrollers and systems on chip) and if you're a hardware engineer or if you want to find out how the silicon industry works, it's a great place to be.

ConsAs a software engineer I have mixed feelings. Apparently, some managers still don't understand that software is as critical as hardware. On the other hand you can also find some very successful software teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the past, the strategy of the company was not very well understood by market analysts and customers. We'll see if the strategic decisions taken recently (and announced by press communicates) go in the right direction. For the time being, I wouldn't recommend the company to a friend because of the gloomy economic situation.

Great place to work is struggling for time to market

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Greater Noida (India)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Values, Work life balance, Ethics and employee friendly policies Cons: Management is in Europe and europe centric Advice to Senior Management: More focus on Asian employees will help Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

excellent place to work.

I have been working at STMicroelectronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great work culture,knowledge sharing and learning environment,great career opportunities. Cons: nothing! or I don't want to say anything. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.