There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics, only good for European.

Former Employee - Process Engineer IV in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Process Engineer IV in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Good benefit package until plant is shut down by European politics.

Cons

Tough management, no family time, pro-European.

Advice to Management

Carlo Bozotti only cares about what the investors say, no vision.

Other Employee Reviews for STMicroelectronics

1. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Excellent Company to work for.

Cons

Moved business overseas unless you are in sales

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything. It was a great place to work!

2. Marketing Engineer, division

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer, Division in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Engineer, Division in Dallas, TX

Pros

the benenfits are great and the pay is excellent, and the work is very stimulating and challenging and usually pleasant.

Cons

Employees are required to take 7-8 days of vacation every quarter to reduce cost liabilities, It is impossible to use the 3-4 weeks you have earned to take one long and well-earned relaxing vacation. This policy causes stress and is unhealthy. Nobody likes this policy.

Advice to Management

I realize the company has our European business climate, but to do business in the USA, we have to support our American colleagues who are tasked to do that business in the U.S. customers' expectations. An example of how we are not adequately supporting that business model is: months of work by the salesman and marketing engineer can be lost because someone has to wait a week or more to get information because in the factorys, this happens mostly in France and Italy, Engineer A is on holiday and refers to Engineer B, and Behold! Engineer B is also on holiday and their OoO reply says to refer to the Engineer A. Then at escalation the manager is also on holiday or does not have the info, or some other issue, even to high management, and the action languishes for a week or more and the otherwise sale is lost because the customer's engineer got tired of waiting and called a competitor having plants and engineers in the USA, and got services immediately for the same kind of questions on the competing direct replacement part. We must not continue to allow the customers' engineers to wait for service and lose business because our European business culture is not delivering to the expectations to USA customers. In my division we have lost several high profit opportunities because we are not do a good job on this, and we cannot blame the Americas sales and marketing force. They are on-the-spot for us, but we have to adapt and improve our delays.