STMicroelectronics

www.st.com
  www.st.com
There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Great company, good pay, good management. Easy going people.

Cons

Decision by our great CEO to close down this plant

434 Other Employee Reviews for STMicroelectronics (View Most Recent)

Passively Aggressive, appears laid back but executes well.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Great quality of life. Excellent benefits. Variable component to pay for most job categories helps strive for more. Work life balance couldn't be better. Fair treatment. Customer responsive. Flexibility and full autonomy on how to do yr job!

Cons

All senior, VP and C-level positions are held almost exclusively by Europe based employees. If you don't ask for it, you probably won't get it. Workplace itself is depressingly quiet instead of buzzing with activities. HR department is practically worthless in North America, adds no value! Educated and senior employees are left feeling short changed except for generous benefits.

Lead by Example. Set politics, differences and personal agenda apart and deal rationally with the customer. Be more hands on and better informed about your product instead of talking money immediately with the customer. Leverage individuals with a strong background to aid generate data for decisions.

This is the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Equipment Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Equipment Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

The teams are fluid and dynamic, the best I have ever worked with. Opportunities are available for those willing to take the challenge and go the extra mile. We are somewhat spoiled at STM. That's an environment that motivates employees to strive for excellence.

Cons

Shutting down, manufacturing operations in the US are moving overseas by the end of 2011.

It was a good run here in the US with STM manufacturing. Thank you for all the memories. I provided a good quality service, STM provided fair wage and afforded me a good standard of living.

There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics