There are newer employer reviews for STMicroelectronics

Best job ive had. Sad to see it go..

Current Employee - Mfg Cell Lead/Peer Trainer Tech III in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Mfg Cell Lead/Peer Trainer Tech III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Awesome coworkers
Clean site
Lots of room for growth, if you choose to show initiative.
There honestly wasnt much I didnt like about this job.

Cons

Site closures in Region Americas (Phoenix and Carrollton)

Sad to see this place closing. STM is losing a lot of great knowledge, and a great group of employees

Advice to Management

Consider what youre doing to this company before its too late. I wouldnt be surprised if they start slipping lower on the top 10 semiconductor sites in the next few years, due to bad business decisions to keep the stakeholders happy.

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome Company

Current Employee - Equipment Technician III in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

It has Great people. The pay is good. I have a sense of responsibility and acheivement in doing a good job.

Cons

Site is closing, my opinion is that it is due to the CEO and French and Italian governments subsidizing the plants in ther respective countries.

Advice to Management

I have never had an issue with manangement, I have always been treated fairly and with respect. So nothing really too mention

2. Passively Aggressive, appears laid back but executes well.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros

Great quality of life. Excellent benefits. Variable component to pay for most job categories helps strive for more. Work life balance couldn't be better. Fair treatment. Customer responsive. Flexibility and full autonomy on how to do yr job!

Cons

All senior, VP and C-level positions are held almost exclusively by Europe based employees. If you don't ask for it, you probably won't get it. Workplace itself is depressingly quiet instead of buzzing with activities. HR department is practically worthless in North America, adds no value! Educated and senior employees are left feeling short changed except for generous benefits.

Advice to Management

Lead by Example. Set politics, differences and personal agenda apart and deal rationally with the customer. Be more hands on and better informed about your product instead of talking money immediately with the customer. Leverage individuals with a strong background to aid generate data for decisions.