STV

There are newer employer reviews for STV

Transportation Engineer

Former Employee - Transportation Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Transportation Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at STV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

high-profile project, people are friendly, laid-back; good platform for mentoring and education

Cons

not quite connected between each office

68 Other Employee Reviews for STV (View Most Recent)

This is great place to begin your career, with lots of room for advancement until you hit the cap"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at STV full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Managers who value their team, diverse and high profile projects to work on, ESOP and 401K and benefits. For recent college graduates, this is a great place.

Cons

When corporate STV swooped in from Douglassville and New York they ruined the office culture. Managers were more concerned with their budgets than the work or staff as that was the priority set from the very top. Projects were promised to clients with unreasonable deadlines and forced staff to deliver projects that were incomplete and unreviewed. Instead of allowing department heads with a proven track record of success manage their departments, corporate tied their hands.

By trying to create a corporate culture you have destroyed the best part of your company. STV Baltimore was once a great place to work and had managers that created a true team environment.

Think Twice Before Accepting a Proposal Manager Job with STV

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at STV full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employees at STV work very hard. They are called on to wear many hats. Employees that remain with the company for more than 3 years are able to benefit from the ESOP plan.

Cons

Overall management has poor leadership skills
    The company overall, and especially the marketing department, is disorganized
    The mktg dept does not have a CRM nor do they have any knowledge of CRM databases and their purpose
    They sit on RFP/RFQs for 2 to 3 weeks and then give you a week, if you are lucky, to prepare a submittal
    The go/no-go decisions are rarely made, and if they are a go, rarely do they have the staff or experience let alone any differentiators to sell STV
    Too many egos and not any collaboration between departments - i.e. creative services (graphics), marketing, and the technical staff - a lot of complaining
    Marketing dept leadership does not want to change - their favorite quote is "this is how we have always done things"
    People are overworked and therefore often rude - but I did not blame them - it just made for a negative work environment because everyone is on edge and always looking over their shoulder
    My experience includes leadership flat out lying and being deceptive
    The mktg dept does not have a database listing all proposals or any databases for that matter - they have folders setup on every office drive - you have to go through about 50 folders to find what you need
    Extremely high turnover of proposal managers - during the 9 months I was employed it was a completely new group except
    Marketing has a bad reputation on both the east and west coasts - Know one has lasted in SoCal for more than a year
    They refuse to change and therefore are stuck in procedures and processes that were being used in the 1990s - and yes, we have come a long way baby in proposal management since last century!

If you are at a job that you like or isn't so bad - I would suggest you stay where you are or keep looking. I wish I had never left my job for STV. It was the biggest mistake of my career. The good news - I'm working for a fabulous company now - but I could have done without the drama.

Grow up and stop being so insecure - when you combine the strengths of each individual, the company becomes stronger as a whole.

There are newer employer reviews for STV