There are newer employer reviews for STV

Solid company, good benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at STV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

STV is a good company with solid finances and place in industry. The benefits are good.

Cons

Flexibility can vary quite a lot depending on your immediate supervisor. Salary also varies, and be below competition.

reviews filtered by

STV combines experience with education for 100 years and beyond.

Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Douglassville, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Douglassville, PA

I have been working at STV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

STV is a great company to make a fresh start. They provide their employees with vast opportunities to expand their knowledge base through the myriad of training programs offered for employees in the technical and non-technical fields.

Cons

One often wishes they could duplicate themselves as there is always so much to learn and to do, but training must be taken one course at a time to ensure we provide our clients with the most cutting edge knowledge in our industry for projects awarded to us.

Continue the open door policy and transparency with employees, so that everyone knows where they stand as well as any areas where they might need improvement.

Exciting work on world-class projects

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at STV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for career development, regular performance evaluations and increases. Excellent benefits including ESOP, tuition reimbursement, an internal university and a great mentoring program. Majority of people have an excellent attitude and are very smart, but rarely feel the need to prove it.

Cons

There really aren't many to name but as with many large enterprises one must accept a higher level of risk-aversion to small projects and learn to navigate within a bureaucratically structured system.

Consider more acquisitions of specialty firms.

There are newer employer reviews for STV