There are newer employer reviews for STV

Influential

I have been working at STV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The number one reason why I work here, is my manager. Senior level staff constantly interact with staff members of all levels. This allows for an extremely educational career here. I personally have referred some friends to the company, in other offices, and have begun to see coworkers do the same.

Cons

The biggest con about this company is their adaptability to change. They market themselves as a 100 year old company, and can act 100 years old concerning new ideas.

Listen to new ideas

62 Other Employee Reviews for STV (View Most Recent)

It was a miserable experience for me

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at STV full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly there were not any pros to working for STV that I can think of--I was so glad to find another job and leave!

Cons

The major cons include:
    Poor leadership -- arrogance and ignorance describes the leadership at STV. Leaders are afraid of change and punish new employees for making suggestions.
    Corporate culture is negative and hostile and in my opinion a complete lack of ethics. I'm not sure they have a code of conduct. Most major corporations have every employee go through code of conduct training every year.
    The marketing department is run by individuals who are clueless in everything marketing. They are stuck in the past. They do not encourage team work and collaboration between marketing personnel--insecurity is evident by all marketing leadership.
    Technology -- from the posts on this board it appears they have updated their technology. I hope so -- I felt like I was in the late 80s and 90s.

Take some leadership classes -- especially marketing senior management -- you really could use them -- maybe you wouldn't have such a high turnover.

Good company

I have been working at STV full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stability in a tough economy; diversity of staff

Cons

Old-fashioned, set in ways, not particularly innovative

There are newer employer reviews for STV