There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU

20 year career of difficult work and terrible schedules (nights, weekends and holidays).

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Univ of Northern Colorado, CO
Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Univ of Northern Colorado, CO

I have been working at SUPERVALU

Pros

If you like to work nights so that you can watch your kids or go to college during the day.

Cons

You have to work alot of nights, weekends and holidays.

It can't always be just about productivity.

330 Other Employee Reviews for SUPERVALU (View Most Recent)

Very up and down

Former Employee - Business Support Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Business Support Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at SUPERVALU

Pros

High energy, fast paced, always work to be done. Some very talented people to work for and with. They are starting to embrace telecommuting technology.

Cons

Company is very ricly financially, lots of downsizing. There is very little job security but with the constant change in management they will hopefully find the right balance and turn things around. There is very little work life balance and is a high stress work environment.

You lost alot of talented people since centralization, be careful to retain the good employees you have left.

Was a nice place while it lasted

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at SUPERVALU

Pros

(formerly Albertsons)

Very nice people, corporate casual environment. Work varied from fascinating to dull. I really enjoyed my time there. Beautiful location on the Boise river. Great boss, great co-workers. I miss this place.

Cons

The merger with Supervalu brought about the necessary but painful wind-down of the Boise Store Support Center and reduction of redundancy. Usual corporate IT inefficiency and ineptness. Politics.

As much as I hate to say it I'm puzzled as to why the Boise office remains... Cut a deal with Albertsons LLC and consolidate your offices.

There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU