There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU

Good Things are Around the Corner at SuperValu...And They TRULY Are! (Jewel-Osco)

Current Employee - Osco-Drug Supervisor in Woodridge, IL
Current Employee - Osco-Drug Supervisor in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at SUPERVALU

Pros

SuperValu tries hard to recognize those who excel within the Company, while at the same time congratulating every person on his or her individual merit. They succeed in finding new and interesting ways to make everyone feel like a family, and their zero tolerance policy for misbehavior/misconduct ensures that each employee walks into work each day feeling good about working with the Company. Does it work all the time, every second? No. The continuity comes from each associate to make the weakest link become the strongest, and SuperValu helps each person realize that potential.

Cons

I work especially hard at my job, but for the level of skill one obtains and professional quality one absorbs, it still will not gain one a high-earning salary if it's not coupled with a bachelor's degree or higher. The Compay is always willing to promote within, yet their salaries do not offer all that much at store level. One has to enter the Corporate sector in order to gain that level of earning power.

Then again, money doesn't buy happiness or peace of mind, so, money issues aside, there are no other significant downsides of working for SuperValu.

We need to RECOGNIZE ASSOCIATES more often! Not in a BIG way. In small, incremental ways. The kind that slowly, but surely boost an associate to full working potential. I receive much "congratulations" on my own work, but many of my colleages complain of feeling under-appreciated. That's not fair, and while I give them my appreciation, it's not the same if it doesn't come from the "higher-ups." I'm simply a supervisor. Hearing a sincere, and prompt "GREAT JOB" is worth more than some might think to a fellow colleage (and in my world, we're ALL fellow colleagues!).

reviews filtered by

Can you say outsourcing?

Former Employee - Technical Analyst II in West Bridgewater, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst II in West Bridgewater, MA

I worked at SUPERVALU

Pros

All in all, the people who worked for SuperValu / Shaws Supermarkets were a great bunch. Very helpful and team orientated. However, senior management was mostly out of touch with the IT employees and the Shaws banner in general. For me at least the company was local and the pay and benefits were decent.

Cons

They are sending many IT Support jobs off shore thereby alienating the customers we support. From what I hear support is seriously in decline. In many cases I've been told that a first call back may take several hours, and then several mores hours until the problem is rectified.

To please keep the jobs in the USA!

Overall a good place to be working!

Current Employee - Transportation- Driver in Denver, PA
    Current Employee - Transportation- Driver in Denver, PA

I have been working at SUPERVALU

Pros

Great benefits and pay! Good people! Good equipment and maintenance!

Cons

Large corporation shortfalls! Company sometimes disconnected from real life!

Play by the rules we agree to! Sometimes you change the rules to suit your shorterm needs!

There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU