There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU

A good place to start

Current Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at SUPERVALU

Pros

Supervalu has many entry level opportunities for recent college graduates and many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the effort. Health benefits, paid time off and 401k match are all great.

Cons

Salary is low compared to similar jobs outside of the company. The hours can be very long and there is little recognition for a job well done.
Supervalu is very slow to react to change and is having a difficult time modernizing the company. There is very poor communication between different operating groups resulting in many problems.

Supervalu needs to improve communication company wide. There needs to be a focus on achieve company goals, not just personal or departmental goals.

reviews filtered by

Not such a good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boise, ID

I worked at SUPERVALU

Pros

The people I worked with were great and knowledgeable. It was close to home, and it paid most of the bills.

Cons

I always felt that management was looking for ways to pass blame on to the employees. It is still the only place I have worked where I felt that my manager was in direct competition with me, rather than filling is role in a way that I could better fill my own.

If they haven't already done so, stop structuring the system to provide the least accountability that you can get away with. If you're ready to take credit for success, be ready to take responsibility for failures and the solutions to solve those failures.

Super disappointing

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at SUPERVALU

Pros

New CEO Craig Herkert is cleaning house which is a good thing - weeding out the dead wood managers.

Cons

Very bloated org chart. Managers are clueless micromanagers - lots of employees hoarding information but adding no value. PTO is a joke - only 6 holidays a year and 2 sick days. Very blue collar mentality; They treat their non exempt "associates" (as they like to call them) like their timeclock store staff. The groups are dysfunctional - everyone is running around in circles creating busy work. Their processes are a mess due to merger with Albertsons.

Examine org charts for inefficiencies. Recognize corporate staff are professionals. Share information.

There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU