A good place to start

Current Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Supervalu has many entry level opportunities for recent college graduates and many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the effort. Health benefits, paid time off and 401k match are all great.

Cons

Salary is low compared to similar jobs outside of the company. The hours can be very long and there is little recognition for a job well done. Supervalu is very slow to react to change and is having a difficult time modernizing the company. There is very poor communication between different operating groups resulting in many problems.

Advice to Management

Supervalu needs to improve communication company wide. There needs to be a focus on achieve company goals, not just personal or departmental goals.

Other Employee Reviews for SUPERVALU

1. Good place to gain experience if your wanting to be a pharmacist.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Its a good environment to see what it would be like to become a pharmacist. I was able to become a certified technician with about a years worth of experience working for them without having to go to school. The managers and staff pharmacists were pretty laid back but I've heard other places weren't as great.

Cons

Lousy customers although I believe it is going to be like this for most chain pharmacists. Thanks to this experience, I realized that becoming a pharmacist was not for me and the compensation wasn't enough to justify the life being drained out of me every day. I believe working for a mail-order pharmacy would be the best way to go for low stress. Also, I had a $.25 raise for the entire 2 years I worked there! There was basically no difference with me working as a clerk or a certified tech even though most of the other techs were making at least 4-8 dollars more than me!!! There are higher paying tech jobs out there. Only consider savon if no one else would hire you.

Advice to Management

Have some form of official standard for raises since I believe I would have been stuck with my hourly wage if I never asked for one.

2. Not bad

Current Employee - Clerk in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Descent hours that work around my school, most of management is fair

Cons

Checkers get paid more than I do, but I have more responisbilities and tasks, I know that I should be getting paid equal if not more because I have worked as a cashier before and it was definitely less work

Advice to Management

Improve employee moral in some way, it's hard working when 50% of the people don't care about their jobs.