SUPERVALU

There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU

Still a long way to go

Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SUPERVALU full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company is back to what it was before the Albertson's acquisition which could be a good thing because it can know be more focused on their wholesale business and Save A Lot (which was its strength previously) while it tries to figure out retail.

Cons

They still haven't figured out how to be a better retailer and they're starting to price themselves out of the wholesale business as they focus more on hitting margin while sales decline. They've cut back staff so deeply at banner and region headquarters and are spread so thin that they struggle to get just the basic activities done let alone implement improved strategies and programs.

Start treating people like an asset. You can't keep expecting 60 - 70 hours every week with no raises or 401k match and no end in sight and think you're going to improve results long term.

342 Other Employee Reviews for SUPERVALU (View Most Recent)

Good people

I worked at SUPERVALU full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I got to work with interesting, educated, and nice people. I learned a lot about the retail industry and enjoyed telling people about my job. There was a lot of work to be done, but you were never bored! And added bonus was that they paid reasonably well.

Cons

Sometimes it seemed like a lack of thorough planning for the future, as well as sticking with antiquated red tape systems made getting work done very difficult sometimes. There was also a lack of training, and very little documentation. To find answers to questions as a new employee meant finding the right person who happened to know the answer.

Its a job

Current Employee - Order Selector in Hopkins, MN
    Current Employee - Order Selector in Hopkins, MN

I have been working at SUPERVALU part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time warehouse gig

Cons

No benefits whatsoever. hours vary every week. really hard physical work.
    you work 40 hours as a part time employee but never get hired on as a full time employee. which means half the pay, no voluntary overtime, and no benefits.
    Very hard to take time off, you get 2 days off a week, not even unpaid vacation time.

If your not going to hire us on to full time, at least give us some time off, even if it's unpaid. You wonder why everyone calls in sick all the time.

There are newer employer reviews for SUPERVALU