SUPERVALU

Still a long way to go

Director (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SUPERVALU full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany is back to what it was before the Albertson's acquisition which could be a good thing because it can know be more focused on their wholesale business and Save A Lot (which was its strength previously) while it tries to figure out retail.

ConsThey still haven't figured out how to be a better retailer and they're starting to price themselves out of the wholesale business as they focus more on hitting margin while sales decline. They've cut back staff so deeply at banner and region headquarters and are spread so thin that they struggle to get just the basic activities done let alone implement improved strategies and programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating people like an asset. You can't keep expecting 60 - 70 hours every week with no raises or 401k match and no end in sight and think you're going to improve results long term.

Good place to work if you want flexibility

I have been working at SUPERVALU full-time

Pros: Flexible work environment exposure to senior leadership Cons: constantly in flux revolving door management Advice to Senior Management: focus on future Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This can be a good company to work for.

Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee)
Urbana, IL

I worked at SUPERVALU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: * Good salary * Set hours * Team work below… Cons: * Company is in serious financial trouble, the new CEO… Advice to Senior Management: Try telling the truth, to everyone. Honesty goes a long… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SUPERVALU.

Worked for SUPERVALU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SUPERVALU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SUPERVALU CEO Sam K. Duncan. All reviews posted anonymously by SUPERVALU employees.