SUSE

www.suse.com
  www.suse.com
There are newer employer reviews for SUSE

Toller Ort um als Linux-Entwickler zu arbeiten Great place to work if you are a Linux developer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nuremberg (Germany)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nuremberg (Germany)

I have been working at SUSE

(Translated from English)

Pros

Globale Firma, tolles Arbeitsumfeld, aufregende Technologie und tolle Leute von denen man viel lernen kann.

Global company, great work environment, exciting technology and great people to learn from.

Cons

Grundgehalt ist unter dem Durchschnitt

Base salary lower than average

8 Other Employee Reviews for SUSE (View Most Recent)

A Great Place to work on Linux with Great People

Current Employee - Kernel Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Kernel Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at SUSE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work remotely, from home, and set my own schedule. I get to work on Linux with the Linux community, and I can spend time on projects that I deem interesting or useful. I get to attend Linux conferences in places like San Diego and San Francisco, and travel once a year to Europe. The company is private, so no worries about stock prices, the stock market, quiet periods, etc. And there is reasonable profit sharing.

Cons

The pay is stagnant, i.e. few raises. There are no stock options, and the profit sharing is not guaranteed. And I have to travel to Europe once a year, though I intensely dislike 10-hour flights. Lastly, it is difficult to get to know the other great people in my group because we are so distributed.

Keep doing what you are doing, but maybe give us US folks to option of NOT traveling to Europe so often?

Great people

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SUSE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are genuine, care about customers and care about their people. Management lets you build your own success, not a lot of micro management.

Cons

There isn't a lot of innovation in the products. It's primarily around operating systems so there isn't a ton of innovation in operating systems to begin with. Looks like some new products and tools are coming though.

Invest in innovation outside of the OS.

There are newer employer reviews for SUSE