SW Florida Water Management District

www.watermatters.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for SW Florida Water Management District

The job was a lot of just keeping track of paperwork. I am an engineer, but didn't do much engineering.

Former Intern - Student Intern in Sarasota, FL
Former Intern - Student Intern in Sarasota, FL

I worked at SW Florida Water Management District as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all very kind, and everyone is able to work together well. I liked the friendly atmosphere of the workplace.

Cons

The job can get very repetitive. I was very bored after a while because I was just sitting at a desk staring a computer screens.

Advice to Management

There's not really much advice to give, because this is a government agency and they have a specific job to complete.

Other Employee Reviews for SW Florida Water Management District

1. Troubled workplace because of changes due to economy and political decisions.

Former Employee - Accountant I in Brooksville, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant I in Brooksville, FL

I worked at SW Florida Water Management District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are the people you want on your team!! The best of the best work at the District.

Cons

Economic induced layoffs; with more to come.

2. Sr. Land Use Specialist

Current Employee - Senior Land Use Specialist in Brooksville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Land Use Specialist in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at SW Florida Water Management District full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay for the area

Cons

The worst "good old boy" employer. Rules apply to some but not the same to others. At one time this was a great place to work that made a real difference in water management, now the system seems so corrupt. If you question the system or how the funds are being spent, you are labeled a trouble maker and they will find a way to be rid of you.

Advice to Management

They are trying to clean things up. They lost allot of good employees in the voluntary leave program. Good luck to the dedicated employees left to manage the District with some ethics.