There are newer employer reviews for SWBC

n/a..............................................................................................

I have been working at SWBC full-time

Pros

good company to work for.

Cons

nothing so far comes to mind

18 Other Employee Reviews for SWBC (View Most Recent)

Learning experience

Former Employee - Payment Services Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Payment Services Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at SWBC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling, especially in regards to time off. The opportunity to grow (within the department) was available if desired. For me, I learned how to deal with customers, but also various management types.

Cons

MANAGERS! Every negative type of manager worked there while I was there; it was especially awful dealing with micro-managers every day. While I worked in that specific department, we had moved to a different location, and after I left I heard they had moved again. That's hard on employees. I believe their turnover rate can come from this, along with the micro-managers.

Lack of Leadership

I worked at SWBC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Financially strong parent co. Ownership seems to have strategic vision and sound judgment.

Cons

CEO and husband say all the right things but never follow through with there constant promises to the branches. It is obvious the EVPs do extremely well financially while the rest of the employees bear the brundt of the work. Employees take constant bashings yet carry all the weight. EVPs are unresponsive and never around. CEO is erratic and moody and everyone walks on egg shells. Very lacking of vision and planning to achieve goals. Manages by fire and constant crisis management. Best Company to Work For is definately a "paid advertisement".

Need to sincerely care about the welfare of employees and compensate and promote for effort and not for favoritism. Stop just giving lip service to promises without following through.

There are newer employer reviews for SWBC