SWS Group
www.swsgroupinc.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Advisor

Futures Financial Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at SWS Group

ProsSWS is more flexible for an experienced fianancial advisor than many of the larger financial services companies. The company is locally known and respected. A great place for a financial advisor to grow his business.

ConsSWS group does not have a training program in place to foster career opporunities for college graduates. The company is more geared to providing opportunity for professionals later in their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe comapny could grow by expanding the banking division. A training program would also allow the company to grow and have a younger feel.

A great opportunity with a lot of hands on experience and an honest caring company.

Server Administrator (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at SWS Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Successful company who knows how to treat their employees. Even in times of economic downtime, they did their best to give… Cons: There is some room for growth and promotion, but not as much as you will get… Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It's not what you know, but who you know.

Clearing (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at SWS Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent benefits. Good tuition reimbursement. They even paid for DART transit (while I was there). Small… Cons: -Advancement is based on who you know. Not your performance. -Are you a friend of Bill? It was easy street if you were. -Managers and directors in… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house. No you don't have to get rid of everyone, but certainly get some leaders out of their comfort zone and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SWS Group.

Worked for SWS Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SWS Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SWS Group CEO James H. (Jim) Ross. All reviews posted anonymously by SWS Group employees.