SYKES

www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Makes me think about questions to ask before I join any other company like Sykes!!!

Former Employee - Technical Support in Sumter, SC
Former Employee - Technical Support in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES

Pros

My supervisor was terrific!! Loved my co-workers. Benefits.

Cons

Paid-time off. Considerations for urgent situations. When the company makes a change the senior management of the site is not very understanding towards the employees that have been working for the company since it first opened. The upper management will not work with you even if you have been a loyal employee with perfect attendance over two years! The upper management speaking of the ones that actually run the site are not compatonate what so ever.

If you expect a company to survive and to thrive successfully you have to treat your employees the same way that you expect them to treat you and the customers that they serve. Don't forget that the employees are the biggest part of a company and without us you wouldn't have a job!!! Also you are right there is someone else that will be there to take the place of one that no longer has their position but if you fire everyone (because the turnover rate is high) there will be no one else to hire.

509 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Interesting, first experience working at a call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

When you first apply they give you the motivational speech concerning opportunity for promotions, but that is only half the story. Politics is a huge impact on promotion potential. Play the game, get the promotion.

Cons

Unqualified supervisors. Incompetence is rampant here, no respect for management.

Have real standards for positions of authority. Does education matter?

My experience was terrible after training.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Excellent training program, fun days and morale boosts, continued training on new products and policies with client

Cons

Little opportunity for growth despite the sales pitch during orientation, unprofessional co-workers and management, inflexible schedule, nepotism, and inconsistent company policies

Please start treating employees more like the people that they are and less like numbers and statistics. Please share more information with employees about the outlook of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES