SYKES

www.sykes.com

It was the most demanding employer I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Malvern, AR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

Pros

Most of the people that I worked for the company were really friendly. It was one of the better paying positions I've had. If you don't mind working overtime, there were plenty of opportunities for that.

Cons

They were not very accommodating when it came to needing to be off on short notice, especially when you had been sick or went to the hospital. They would terminate people for anything that forced them to be out of work. Before resigning, the company tried to make overtime mandatory for everyone, even if you didn't want to work it. The atmosphere was really unpleasant, and it was so bad that I felt like I would end up in the hospital. I also felt that the company's expectations were unreasonable, and you had to get through every call as quickly as possible and try to meet their expectations. If you want to be off on holidays, don't get your hopes up. Even on Christmas Day, there were people that had to work.

I'd say listen to the people that help you stay in business. Without them, you wouldn't be employed.

Other reviews for SYKES

Bad management, bad training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Milton Freewater, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milton Freewater, OR

Pros

Just about anybody can be hired.

Cons

Silly contrests, very bad training.

Pay more, stop silly contests and use money as incentives. Train better trainers and have current employees set with new employees for two weeks to finish training.

Sykes gives WAH agents a bad name.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Consistent pay with biweekly automatic deposits.

Cons

If your computer does not have the same drivers as their boot disc, oh well, it is up to you to get another computer that will work because they view this as your issue and not theirs.

Upper Management needs to learn how to train and teach, not just managing with a verbal whip.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!