It was the most demanding employer I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Malvern, AR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people that I worked for the company were really friendly. It was one of the better paying positions I've had. If you don't mind working overtime, there were plenty of opportunities for that.

Cons

They were not very accommodating when it came to needing to be off on short notice, especially when you had been sick or went to the hospital. They would terminate people for anything that forced them to be out of work. Before resigning, the company tried to make overtime mandatory for everyone, even if you didn't want to work it. The atmosphere was really unpleasant, and it was so bad that I felt like I would end up in the hospital. I also felt that the company's expectations were unreasonable, and you had to get through every call as quickly as possible and try to meet their expectations. If you want to be off on holidays, don't get your hopes up. Even on Christmas Day, there were people that had to work.

I'd say listen to the people that help you stay in business. Without them, you wouldn't be employed.

Other Reviews for SYKES

Bad Training Process

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at SYKES part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Training is very bad. Processes are very poor. Changes protocols everday. No help in Production. You pay for all expenses. You work the hours they need you.

Train upper Management better. Have actual AGENTS train agents. Computer skills should be a MUST. Reduce Class size. Fire those that can't keep up the pace.

I loved the work, but we were cheated by the company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Eveleth, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Eveleth, MN

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work. Rewarding. I really enjoyed helping people with thier computers.

Cons

Our pay was shorted. We worked crazy schedules, and as soon as thier contract with the city was completed, they closed the doors.

Stand behind your word.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!