law suit in the making

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support  in  Greenwood, SC
Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Greenwood, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

good to get your foot in the door and learn the ropes of the cell sales industry. without it i wouldnt have learned what i needed to know to move into a retail store.

Cons

exreemely unprofessional behavior regarding favors in the scheduling department and with site directors. people were going on dates with certain managers to get days off approved. all the work one would do in a retail store with none of the pay. if you werent willing to be involved with unethical questional behavior with coworkers after hours you have no hope of getting ahead in the company.

be stricter on your hires coming into the company, be pushing a high turnover rate by setting unrealistic standards to keep low per hour wages you hurt your client and the site cannot maintain itsself without unethical behavior. monitor your team leads more diligently.

Other Reviews for SYKES

It was the most demanding employer I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people that I worked for the company were really friendly. It was one of the better paying positions I've had. If you don't mind working overtime, there were plenty of opportunities for that.

Cons

They were not very accommodating when it came to needing to be off on short notice, especially when you had been sick or went to the hospital. They would terminate people for anything that forced them to be out of work. Before resigning, the company tried to make overtime mandatory for everyone, even if you didn't want to work it. The atmosphere was really unpleasant, and it was so bad that I felt like I would end up in the hospital. I also felt that the company's expectations were unreasonable, and you had to get through every call as quickly as possible and try to meet their expectations. If you want to be off on holidays, don't get your hopes up. Even on Christmas Day, there were people that had to work.

I'd say listen to the people that help you stay in business. Without them, you wouldn't be employed.

Bad Training Process

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at SYKES part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Training is very bad. Processes are very poor. Changes protocols everday. No help in Production. You pay for all expenses. You work the hours they need you.

Train upper Management better. Have actual AGENTS train agents. Computer skills should be a MUST. Reduce Class size. Fire those that can't keep up the pace.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!