SYKES

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Satisfied Call Center Employee

Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Management in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with Sykes for over 10 years and find it to be a fair and friendly company who provide career advancement, good benefits, a stable enviroment and good management.

Cons

As long as you do a good job and show up on time they will maybe work with your schedules. You need to have good attendance and know your job.

Communication and coaching are important.

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Milton-Freewater Center

Former Employee - Project Knowledge and Implementation Manager in Milton Freewater, OR

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities are available as long as you know someone in management. I have worked with SYKES for over 10 years and find it to be not fair and unfriendly at the local center. I have dedicated my life to this company, then lost my job due to personal opinion of Regional Site Director. If he did not like someone, he did what ever it would take to get rid of that person, no matter what the cost.

Cons

Performance is no longer valued at local center.

Hire management that is objective not subjective

Work At Home Inconsistent, Poor Training, Lack of Support

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Support ATT in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Support ATT in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you need a fairly consistent paycheck, part time work to help pay bills and dont mind super self guided learning and you dont mind winging it in live phone situations then consider this company

Cons

Lets start with the hiring process. You get pressured into accepting a position with things like, "This wont wait" "Are you prepared to work with us" etc ad other tactics to make you feel its a perfect situation. The onboarding process is botched as much of the info you fill out may be lost byt the time you get to training. Typical urine test in 48 hours of receiving hire package.
    They just switched to USB based VPN (from dvds, and both are barely working) (which is like a WAH industry standard!). The ATT program specifically is way too complicated. My previous framework helped you follow a path to solutions and auto populated notes. With Sykes you have to use literally 7 programs, one for billing, one for services, one for technical, one for back up billing, contracts, mapping/service options etc.
    then the training itself (i believe because wah is new for sykes) is total bs. I trained for a month with my last company and was better prepared for the phones. We spend 6 weeks doing powerpoints that are a yawn at best and everything is very convoluted. I havent gone into nesting yet but I can already see I may be accepting another job soon or at least looking.
    The main issue I have is that the trainer and assistant trainer are nothing but talking heads, we get sent to IT (outside usa outsource) for the slightest things, no one has answers. (mainly because the main trainer is still in brick and morter and wont be wah until a month from now). She also has the audacity to get rude with us and talk to us like kids just because she doesnt know how to control a class room.
    Oh and please remember that unless you are sup/team lead/trainer or above "full time: isnt an option, although you may get 39 hours per week

Now that Sykes has bought Alpine Access (not much better but at least they give off the illusion that they care, which they dont either, I think Apple Care might be the only positively approved wah option) you guys need to take heed to their comprehensive tools. Also compeltely revamp the training course and immulate Alpine Universities option within training to make it more motivating

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES