SYKES

www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Sykes is good! But could be Great!

Current Employee - Quality Manager
Current Employee - Quality Manager

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Opportunity to work at corporate level

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities.

Communicate better with all levels. Promote TEAM atmosphere.

511 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

They just don't care

Former Employee - Technical Support in Edinburgh, IN
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Edinburgh, IN

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Regulated salary and benefits package, salary will rise nicely after a number of years in the company, depending on the position you get a nice or a shitty job. Benefits of working in a huge corporation apply.

Cons

The downsides of working here are heavily depending on the position and company location - from comfy engineering drone to callcenter slave, your mileage will vary. This report covers UK only.

In this kafkaesque workplace, the (rigid) policies will be enforced to the letter, resulting in sometimes very poor quality management. In my workplace, no-one cared about their job. Good salary and perks, but heavy workload, paranoid security, a Dilbertian experience, and the tedious corporate fascism and propaganda formed a psychologically toxic working environment.

I've never had as many unhealthy-looking colleagues as when I worked for SYKES. Ironically, especially the photos of the (employee of the month thing) winners looked like a showcase for the symptoms of burnout syndrome. Turnover is extreme and consideration towards employees is low. In my workplace, the health&safety, and sick leave policies closely followed the very minimum requirements of British law. A few years afterwards, everybody I used to work with has either left the company or been fired. I've heard that a number of old colleagues has experienced mental illness, one died, and one attempted suicide.

Whilst working there, I have several times been instructed by managers to lie to customers on the phone - representing global brands with big names (outsourced callcenter). Ethics are not writ large. The company has not provided specific references to subsequent employees. Job agency people have rejected me outright in the past upon hearing that I came from SYKES.

Actually walk the floors in your place for once, speak to people, and see for yourself. Maybe read Kafka.

Intense

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Colleagues, Work load, Schedule, Development, Oportunities

Cons

Lack of planning, no sanctions, poor management, low salary

Be leaders.