SYKES

www.sykes.com
  www.sykes.com
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

I am currently employed at Sykes.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Malvern, AR
Current Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits to match

Cons

It's a stressful job, metrics can be difficult to meet.

Keep doin' what you do!

376 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Disorganized, Terrible Systems and Management unqualified

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at SYKES part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ability to work from home

Cons

Sykes have Team Managers (TM) that really needs training. The whole Sykes Management team needs traning or hire qualified employees!

1. You can not bully someone to work mandatory overtime!!! If you don't work you will be "terminated"! This could be a lawsuit in the making!!! Scheduling training after your shift is over! The turnover rate is soooo high and they need agents on the phones!!!! You wouldn't have this problem, if you valued the employees and give them more money!

2. Their system is a joke! Their systems are always failing, then IT tells you, it's your ISP.

2. The training for new hire needs to be longer, very ineffective! Their motto is you will learn once you start taking calls. The employee needs to learn the basic first.

3. Pay in very inadequate. But it's something, until something else comes along and that is going to be pretty soon! All the demands that has been applied to the CSRs, is absurd! You don't pay much, it's part-time because you are not allowed to work over 39 hours, but they want you to work the 39 hours each week. Demanding, using tacky and unlawful tactics will only cause for your employees to go against you and not want to work for you.

4. Employee morale is low!!!! Employees are under appreciated, underpaid. Why would I want to continue to work for a company that operates like the owner name is "Gyp Rosetti" (Boardwalk Empire HBO tv show).

5. Management is very incompetent! Always trying to find a negative in everything you do! Nothing Positive! A person minds starts to rebel once you tell them what they will do or else! That's more like a threat.

6. Company does not keep their promise.....Where is our pto (paid time off)? I guess they offered it to us then took it back.

Pay employees more, If you want to make something mandatory, make it "mandatory" for upper and lower management to have a college degree in Business Management! So they can successfully manage the employees!

The key to a success business is not bullying, demanding, using unlawful tactics like you are "Gyp Rosetti" to "make" your employees do something!!! But one of the keys to having a successful business is "employee morale"! If you don't have employees that are happy, it will be directed to your customers and in turn, SYKES will lose business.

The worst of the worst.... I pray, every day, to get away!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SYKES part-time (more than an year)

Pros

With the price of gas, it saves... a little.

Cons

Where do I start? The salary SUCKS. They have the money to pay more, but don't. They make sure that you are listed as "part-time" so benefits are zero. They that every day & time is "mandatory", especially holidays, so that they do not have to give holiday pay. They made sure to read the labor law o they can skate around every benefit, and anything that would benefit the employee.

They care NOTHING about the employee. They demand that you work overtime under threat of repercussions, reprimands, etc. they want you to work when they want, how long they want, and then have the nerve to HINT to you that you cant check your work email, you schedule while you are on the clock. They can't tell you not to because that would be in violation of federal law, making you work off the clock, but with threats, innuendos and other bullying tactics that is what they do.

They expect employees to do everything for the customer and give us, the employee nothing in return. I found out that a different contractor that has an account with the same as sykes, is paying their employees a higher incentive to do THE EXACT SAME WORK!

They set everything up so that you have no out. If you want time off & try to give it to them well in advance, the system will not accept it. If you wait until the system accepts it, too bad, can't get it.

They briefly mentioned PTO, and benefits, and have said nothing about it since. If you ask, you get ignored. I guess they regretted it, changed their mind and hope that everybody develops amnesia.

Their software is a joke and they take every opportunity to try to say it is the employees issue, so they don't have to pay you while they fix their problems.

If you DARE voice your opinion, you are labeled a troublemaker and targeted, nit-picked and harassed.

Why am I still here? Can't find anywhere else to go. The SECOND I find another position they will get an earful before I quit.

What difference would it make? The management knows exactly what they are doing. And are doing nothing to change it.... for the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES