C.Y.A.

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned A LOT, for better or worse. Great experience on my resume.

Cons

So many unscrupulous things happening behind the scenes, I don't know where to start. Very few career options/paths within the company if you have aspirations to grow. Dishonesty and finger pointing run amuck. With the exception of a select few, some of the most generally disrespectful people I have ever worked with. No sense of teamwork, only 'ME ME ME'

Advice to Management

Back up your people when they are doing their job or acting on your behalf. Otherwise, it sends the message to everyone else not to take them seriously. Identify the rare employees you have that truly go above and beyond and recognize them, instead fo acting like they just performed the very basics of their job and continually using scare tactics to drive them to take on extra responsibilities, without the benefit. Be honest, and be accountable for your decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

Mislead, and frustrated.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chavies, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chavies, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. At least they hire after an interview and want to make every attempt to retain you.

Cons

Forget about a promotion unless you kiss some serious management butt. I considered myself to be qualified to do many jobs with Sykes, but found myself being passed up on a consistent basis. Certain employees get away with more based on who they know as well. It's a 'good ol' pal' network and if you're not in said network, then you're days are numbered. Did I mention the salary is a joke?

Advice to Management

Seek employment elsewhere and hopefully someone with sense can help manage the solid workers they have employed. Or pay lower level employees more.

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Malvern, AR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Lot of professional development and coaching. Company cares about the career progression of their employees.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company..