SYKES
www.sykes.com Tampa, FL 5000+ Employees

They just don't care

Technical Support (Former Employee)
Edinburgh, IN

ProsRegulated salary and benefits package, salary will rise nicely after a number of years in the company, depending on the position you get a nice or a shitty job. Benefits of working in a huge corporation apply.

ConsThe downsides of working here are heavily depending on the position and company location - from comfy engineering drone to callcenter slave, your mileage will vary. This report covers UK only.

In this kafkaesque workplace, the (rigid) policies will be enforced to the letter, resulting in sometimes very poor quality management. In my workplace, no-one cared about their job. Good salary and perks, but heavy workload, paranoid security, a Dilbertian experience, and the tedious corporate fascism and propaganda formed a psychologically toxic working environment.

I've never had as many unhealthy-looking colleagues as when I worked for SYKES. Ironically, especially the photos of the (employee of the month thing) winners looked like a showcase for the symptoms of burnout syndrome. Turnover is extreme and consideration towards employees is low. In my workplace, the health&safety, and sick leave policies closely followed the very minimum requirements of British law. A few years afterwards, everybody I used to work with has either left the company or been fired. I've heard that a number of old colleagues has experienced mental illness, one died, and one attempted suicide.

Whilst working there, I have several times been instructed by managers to lie to customers on the phone - representing global brands with big names (outsourced callcenter). Ethics are not writ large. The company has not provided specific references to subsequent employees. Job agency people have rejected me outright in the past upon hearing that I came from SYKES.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually walk the floors in your place for once, speak to people, and see for yourself. Maybe read Kafka.

Good place, terrible salary

Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    Sveg (Sweden)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros: They see you, and your potential. Cons: The salary is terrible and no benefits. Advice to Senior Management: Up the salaries and throw in some benefits. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Real People at all levels

Data Analytics Specialist (Current Employee)
    Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Stable, open and fair processes, clear and documented expectations on business… Cons: Senior leaders are very territorial, mentor-mentee relationships sometimes come across as nepotistic. Recent cuts in support group numbers have… Advice to Senior Management: Find ways to develop your people. The pipeline is running… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SYKES.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.