There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

They just don't care

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Edinburgh, IN
Former Employee - Technical Support in Edinburgh, IN

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Regulated salary and benefits package, salary will rise nicely after a number of years in the company, depending on the position you get a nice or a shitty job. Benefits of working in a huge corporation apply.

Cons

The downsides of working here are heavily depending on the position and company location - from comfy engineering drone to callcenter slave, your mileage will vary. This report covers UK only.

In this kafkaesque workplace, the (rigid) policies will be enforced to the letter, resulting in sometimes very poor quality management. In my workplace, no-one cared about their job. Good salary and perks, but heavy workload, paranoid security, a Dilbertian experience, and the tedious corporate fascism and propaganda formed a psychologically toxic working environment.

I've never had as many unhealthy-looking colleagues as when I worked for SYKES. Ironically, especially the photos of the (employee of the month thing) winners looked like a showcase for the symptoms of burnout syndrome. Turnover is extreme and consideration towards employees is low. In my workplace, the health&safety, and sick leave policies closely followed the very minimum requirements of British law. A few years afterwards, everybody I used to work with has either left the company or been fired. I've heard that a number of old colleagues has experienced mental illness, one died, and one attempted suicide.

Whilst working there, I have several times been instructed by managers to lie to customers on the phone - representing global brands with big names (outsourced callcenter). Ethics are not writ large. The company has not provided specific references to subsequent employees. Job agency people have rejected me outright in the past upon hearing that I came from SYKES.

Actually walk the floors in your place for once, speak to people, and see for yourself. Maybe read Kafka.

336 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

It was a learnful period

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

You canlearn a lot about a multinational company. (e.g. Feedback, KPIs)
    i was surounded by competent people, regarding their job. We could reach fine results.

Cons

I missed a company culture based on values.

I know you do your best in having a functional company. Give a thought on life values. Be aware that every gesture you make comunicates aboult your values.Don not allow gossiping. This are reflected through the employees.

Very though but I think it would help the company a lot: Lead by example.

Good for the people at corp, bad for the rest of us

Former Employee - Operations Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are nice and team players, everybody is focused in delivering good work

Cons

No growing inside the company, unless you are part of Chuck"s circle or you are the protege of VP of operations for the regions, the rest of the vps do not have any real power inside the company

Please get more good people in the top, Chuck is great but there are only limited ideas to where the company can grow, and the company is static towards new business models, and are solely focused in maintain margins than to look for real and outside the box ways of earning more dollars

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!