There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

My experience with Sykes is remarkable and wonderful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very accommodating staff from hiring until you graduate from English 101 and Product training. As soon as you're on the floor, Team Leaders, Coaches are approachable. Of course, they just have to see in you a good disposition.

Cons

None that I can share, cause it was a short stay and I regretted leaving the company for reasons that are unavoidable.

Advice to Management

I hope that BPOs or the call center industry would be fair enough to hire employees who have children with special needs, somehow grant them leniency in time schedules, see to it that the reason we have for working are our special children.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

1. Ok to work for a while

Current Employee - Customer Service in Shannon (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Shannon (Ireland)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and good relocation package but you must stay more than 9 months to don't pay it back

Cons

Some managers should change job. Half of the management was family related!!!

Advice to Management

Change some of you

2. Working at SYKES Shanghai

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at SYKES as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great time working in a team of diverse cultural and racial background.

Cons

Biased account managers, unfairly awarding promotions to friends rather than those who are more deserving based on merit. For 2 years of working,only once was there a meeting with the team and manager.As a result,most employees are unaware of any new updates or changes in policy.As a result the absence of transparency is overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Encourage more manager-support team flow of communication and interaction via implementing standardized weekly or bi-weekly meetings. For any internal opening or major promotion, a thorough application & interview must be held for candidates instead of arbitrarily awarding the position to a friend without any announcement to other team members.