There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Nice company!

Former Employee - Trainer
Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Policies are n place and they strive to continually improve processes

Cons

Too much work for one person. Maybe a pay increase would be enough incentive. :)

342 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Get in, bankroll, get out! Not a real career. No work-life balance.

Former Employee - Call Center  in  Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I worked at SYKES part-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting - challenging (highly stressful) Little higher than min wage plus bonus depending on State. Try to label us as PT to avoid full healthcare but want at least 37.5 /wk. OT 40+ hrs come available often at time& half but be aware it may be 80+ if you get paid every 2wks, tricky. Bonuses sometimes get "lost" due to office politics, QA scrutiny or good ole buddy system. Only thing constant is change. Just hit n run like blackjack, it's a crap shoot & they control the wheel. Not a real career because they will most likely be there only until city/state tax breaks are deleted, then they'll woo another town or move to another country. But don't plan on getting a transfer to the Caribbean, you'd have to be at the top of the pyramid. They claim to have flexible schedules but they shake up the schedules, seating every couple of months so no sense of stability or planning if you have transpo, kids, or other life such as leisure, or school time or search for a real career path. IF YOU THINK OF IT AS TEMPORARY YOU WILL DO WELL, SAVE UP FOR INEVITABLE LAYOFFS!

Cons

Sykes has a m.o. method of operandi of doing this dance. Read the last layoff with Sprint at Sykes Spokane at Federal Trade Act Petition that employees won to get re-training & other assistance. Sykes got wise this time & appear to be sending jobs to Florida first then probably later layoff & secretly give those jobs to Costa Rica or other foreign countries. Sykes ALLY BANK client was for offshore banking online, go figure?! The Sprint crew got lucky & when 167 of us got layoff we petitioned (only need 3 employees) or as WorkSorce Rep to start one. Google Sykes history of layoffs.

Get real before it's too late for you. Be kind to your peons, you never know when you may need a referral from them when the axe falls. Think you are climbing the corporate ladder? Think again, do research Google how Sykes does layoffs worldwide.

Stay Away, Current Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home, not driving in traffic.

Cons

Disorganized. Your training is rushed, and you can't get help from the team leads when needed. They would leave you and the customer stranded. They are combining customer service, sales, tech support, and other service into one department, with the same low pay. Your supervisor demands a answer when your stats are low, but can't help or answer any questions that you need regarding a customer. They used about 7 different systems to find one answer and if your computers goes down, you sometimes would not get paid for it, even when it's there fault. The calls are back to back, with no time to fix customer's accounts. This is a very stressful job, with little pay. The CEO will give you the bull crap talk when you are 1st hired about his open door, which is always closed. My training class started out with 24 now it is only 6 of us left. My best advice is to STAY AWAY....

You really need to figure out how to combine the systems to make it easier for us to use. You need to train your upper manager and team leads to help when needed and stop playing the blame game, because at the end of the day you are only hurting the customer. Since you keep adding more work, then you need to add more play.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!